Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
so upset No more Cobalts, Gm will have recalls haha you never know. they might think what a dumb ass idea. haha and bring a new generation of balts out!!!

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

maybe a RWD one haha Turbo who knows

·
Registered
575 Posts
hate to say it but the cruze is a few steps above the cobalt the fit and finish is WAY better and its not as bland looking as the cobalt even if there is no SS its still going to be a nicer car

·
Registered
600 Posts
lol idk, i work for chevy, and i still think the cruze is ok. they should have stuck with the cobalt for a little longer. i guess ill find out next month when we start getting them in.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I think they should have just kept the name, but the Cruze is a very nice vehicle.

It's unfortunate that the two-door version that was created had such strange proportions that it just wasn't a good idea to go any further. Who knows, perhaps in the future they'll figure it out, but I think we're gonna have to stick with a sedan.

I see the SS version as extremely feasible.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Hopefully the cruze is better built then the cobalt. I think GM was to cheap with the cobalt even know it was a econobox and were sold cheap.

·
Registered
703 Posts
lol idk, i work for chevy, and i still think the cruze is ok. they should have stuck with the cobalt for a little longer. i guess ill find out next month when we start getting them in.
Since you work for them maybe you can let them know that I don't appreciate having to pay $260 to replace my intermediate shaft after getting my steering motor replaced. The stronger motor made the loose steering unbearable. The shaft was replaced once already by my old dealer who supposedly lubricated it improperly (at least thats what the new dealer said).
The entire steering column should have been recalled as well since they are known to be defective, along with bushings, etc.
Same defective parts used since 2005. Gee, wonder why GM got itself in trouble.
For the first time in my life there will be a Ford in my future.

·
Registered
931 Posts
my dealer had a demo a few weeks back, it wasnt bad looking it was only in our showroom for 5 days or so... then they shiped it off to some other dealer.. it deff looks nicer then the cobalts did..

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Same defective parts used since 2005. Gee, wonder why GM got itself in trouble.
For the first time in my life there will be a Ford in my future.
Hmm sounds like every other car manufacturer on the planet...

You're not going to find perfect unless you make your own car - they all do this shit. :notrust:

·
Registered
187 Posts
kinda weird looking car, i just wish the engine wasn't so horrible, i mean <140hp for the tc one? is there gonna be like an SS cruze or anything that will compare to the SS cobalt. i just don't understand y chevy has to or is trying to compete with the ford fiesta/mazda 2 or w.e and there next less expensive car is the malibu that starts around 20k. the cobalt was great because it was inexpensive with a decent 4 banger engine with decent gas mileage. no other car compared with the pricing incentives and amount of car for your money.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Saw a Cruze RS in Chicago filming a commercial.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I saw one on Woodward the other day - looked pretty decent.

I'm very excited/nervous to see the Cruze coupe that will be debuting in Paris.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.