Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks GM is going to release a Cruze SS model in 2013 according to a car mag I was reading. It was a blurb in the March 2011 Motor Trend magazine.

·
Say What again!
5,998 Posts
Oh yeah, it's a for sure thing.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"A Super Sport Cruze would be a good way to get the go-fast crowd to Chevy dealer lots. Expected as a 2013 model year offering, it would likely get a version of GM's turbo 2.0-liter Ecotec four, along with the necessary suspension and appearance upgrades."

Motor Trend March 2011

·
Registered
201 Posts
In MotorTrend at least, they were talking about switching the Delta-Platform with the Epsilon-Platform, that way it would help with torque steer. If not...then I guess it'll just be another Cobalt SS with a different body...

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
they say 2013 model year, so, we well see one in '12 than? Be nice but I dont see myself getting one even though the cruze is a nice car and I am sure the SS would be even nicer. My next purchase besides maybe another beater is a Viper, in say, 5 years.

·
Registered
611 Posts
If they make it awd i'll get one most likely.

·
Registered
674 Posts
So let me get this straight... a Cruze SS eh? So right now, an LTZ goes for around 26K almost 30K loaded, so make it an SS, and we are talking 30K starting??? I'd rather spend a grand more and get me an SS Camaro with the stick shift... at least it will have 450 HP!!! not 260 on a 3200lbs body.

·
Say What again!
5,998 Posts
Yeah, no. It's gonna be pretty quick, knowing GM.

There will be a diesel Cruze for 2013. Pumped.

·
Say What again!
5,998 Posts
so you guys would be willing to pay 30K for a Cruze SS??? when the Cobalt SS/TC were 20K?
Umm...those cars start at 25k. Not 20. And not to mention, and for how much NICER the Cruze is, absolutely.

And not to mention - there's nothing that says it has to cost more than the LTZ. I'd prefer it be offered as a more base model, with options to upgrade - because the base model is still nicer than a Cobalt.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Umm...those cars start at 25k. Not 20. And not to mention, and for how much NICER the Cruze is, absolutely.

And not to mention - there's nothing that says it has to cost more than the LTZ. I'd prefer it be offered as a more base model, with options to upgrade - because the base model is still nicer than a Cobalt.
Go to your local chevy lot, look around, an LTZ is 25K around here, I doubt it'd be much different anywhere else, especially in states with state and city taxes too... You are asking GM to take an already over priced car and add Track proven suspension, Brakes, Transmission, Engine and then the "necessary" body enhancements... On top of what they would have to redo in the interior, like different seats, and a new dash upholstery. I doubt very much that the Cruze "SS" would cost less than a Drop Top Camaro (which is already set at 30K)...

Just check out this page http://www.chevrolet.com/pages/mds/pricing/affordability.do?zipCode=34788&regionCode=30&countyCode=12069

Notice the little spot underneath the cruze pricing and all other cars!..."Starting price after all cash offers."

It's funny that when you click on the Cruze LTZ build your own it "starts out" at 22K, but as soon as you click on it, you are at 23K and if you want it in black or red, you add on an additional $200-$325 then you add tax/tag/title into the mix and holy smokes, look at that, 25K!!! wow, I must be an idiot!, oh wait, there is one option on the LTZ, the "RS" package, which gm list on their site what it has with it, it does say it is an additional $625, so now you are at $25,5xx

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Cruze is over priced. If I'm gonna pay that much I'd buy the new Buick Verano thats comming out for the 2012 model year... You get better style, luxury and performance under the hood.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.