Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m really interested in getting a Cobalt, it fits the price range I’m willing to pay for a car, However I’ve been hearing from some people that the cup holder on the 07 Cobalt is in a bad position and is somewhat narrow, and I’m a person that uses the cup holder a lot and I wouldn’t want to get annoyed with it weeks after getting the car so I wanted to know from people that already own or rented and drove an 07 Cobalt what they think of the cup holder and what are its pro’s and cons.

·
Registered
463 Posts
yeah it's right under the radio and it doesn't fit mc d's big cups. a soda can and a water bottle fit. regular glasses move around in it. yeah it's pretty annoying but you get used to it

·
Registered
314 Posts
dont know if they changed anything from 06 to 07 but mine are fine...but i dont get those bigass pops from fast food places, lol

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's been so long since I've heard them called that...

Yeah, the cupholders can get a little annoying at times. 20oz bottles will fit but it's tight. Be willing to use both hands to remove your drink... But on the plus side, you can remove the smaller part leaving you with a slightly larger cup holder that I believe could probably hold all these drinks people have problems with... But the downside to that is cleaning is a batch...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ive got an 08 5spd, and I can fit McD's, BK and sonic drinks in my cup holders and they dont interfere with shifter. Big cups do block the HVAC mode knob though.

FYI: To fit a bigger item in the cupholder you need to remove the insert......(it even tells you this in the owners manual I believe)

·
Registered
80 Posts
With my '06, The big Gatorade bottles and arizona tea bottles tend to pull the rubber part out of the plastic part,and they block the HVAC, but seeing as I dont really get big tonic's from fast food joints, i dont have any major problems.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hate the cup holders. They're not high enough, so if you take a turn too fast, you can say bye bye to a clean interior.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wendy's small cups fit perfect....mmm wendy's. and you can pop the whole cup holder out and stick it in the dish washer :D
It dosn't warp in the dishwasher? I haven't tried it because I was afraid of ruining the thing.

I hate the cup holders. They're not high enough, so if you take a turn too fast, you can say bye bye to a clean interior.
I really only have this problem with the rear cup holders. Ignorant friends like to put their feet there too so that doesn't help either.

Bud light bottles fit perfect. I can usually go through a whole 6 apck before having to dump the insert due to the condinsation hahahaha!!!!!
You have condensation collection after only 6 beers? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
... Dishwashers dry too? :?
They have a heater inside that just warms the dishes so they dry faster. I don't think there's really much moving air involved. It is hot enough to warp some plastics though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
im a hillbilly i guess :D
Naw it's just because I live in the south. It's fairly common up north to my understanding...

They have a heater inside that just warms the dishes so they dry faster. I don't think there's really much moving air involved. It is hot enough to warp some plastics though.
I just had no idea you could turn it on or off, I guess I'll be staring at my dishwasher this evening...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
thus the reason for not heat drying tupperware containers, lol

Warp city!!!!!

As for the cupholders, thanks you guys for remonding me of all my past expired McD's Monopoly pieces in there, lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.