Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just checking in to say hi. I bought a base 2005 chevy cobalt sedan last week, and then this week I crashed it.. :notrust:

I really hope they will repair the car, but if my insurance company declares a total loss then what would be a fair price to accept?

2005 chevy cobalt
50k miles
past reconstructed title issued
bought for 5950

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
honestly, if you just bought it last week, I would say what you paid is fair to expect form the insurance company. That is unless they can find you a comparable car selling for less in your area.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really want to keep the car, it really fits my personality. The only complaint is the interior is a bit cheap compared to my old dodge stratus.

If anyone was wondering how it happened, I was driving home after work in rush hour. Some woman decided it would be a good idea to come to a stand still in the middle of the freeway and just chill there. The van that was driving in front of me was obstructing my view and by the time it had swerved out of the way, it was too late for me and I swerved out myself and lost control :sad:

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Welcome sorry to hear its gone already thats was fast. Just take the money they give u and get a new one. Anout 8 months ago i tihnk i had a base sedan that had 32000 miles on it. i wrecked it and got 8500 out of it which thats what i payed for it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I was just called by my adjuster and they said they would offer 7500 for the car, minus the 500 deductible. so that leaves me with 1000 over for what I payed:amazed:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.