Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title suggests, I have no Cobalt. I was actually looking around different sites trying to find a forum with active, knowledgeable people...yourcobalt.com looks pretty good to me (I hail from yzf600r.com). Anyway, this is my story. MY Cobalt, as can be seen here: Cars for Sale: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe in Richwood, WV 26261: Coupe Details - 258034707 - AutoTrader.com, simply needs picked up at the end of the week (it's about 2 hours away, and I have class all week). When it's all said and done, I hope to have about $1500 to spend on modifying said Cobalt (thanks to a lady who thought it intelligent to back into my sport bike a few weeks ago - now sold, so the money is available for my new ride). So, that's my story, and like I said before, I was just looking for mod sites with forum topics answering questions I had wondered about. This site was extremely helpful, so there was no problem in signing up after my "trial guest period" was up. Thanks for having me, and I'll keep you all updated with my brand spanking used car. Later!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Welcome 2 the site & yay on the new-used car ;)
ur not too far from me!... I dont think... i could b thinkin of another town too... HAHAHA

@ any rate, welcome!!! :-D
so what mods do u have in mind right off?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I actually live in Morgantown, WV...car is back home.

Um, as far as mods go...I'm actually kind of undecided on what to get right now. I've got plenty of ideas, but I don't know what to spend this initial cash on...Perhaps I should just go with the list of potentials, and you guys can help me decide :)

- Window Tinting (a guarantee, actually...probably 20% or less ~ $200)
- Enkei J10's (17's), wrapped in Dunlop SP Sport Signatures (courtesy of discounttiredirect.com ~ $1000)
- Cold Air Intake? (Injen ~$300)
- Lowering Springs (Eibach Pro Kit - can't go too low where I live ~$300)
- Sound System (DB Drive: 1 12", 2 6" Components, and Amps for both, Eclipse head unit ~$800)
- Halo Projector Headlights (~$300)
- Muffler (Vibrant, most likely ~$200)
- Stripping the side moldings (~ $5...good chance this will happen, tho expensive)
- Delete Cobalt and Chevy emblems off the back; shave trunk key hole (~$100)
- Install power locks w/ keyless entry/remote start (~$70)

Whew, lots of typing. Anyways grand total of all that is... about $3275. Obviously, I need your help. Man, I can't wait to get started on this car.

Oh yea, if you're interested, the guy on my friends list at cardomain is helping me out with a lot of the mods, and there's also a few pics of my old Cavalier (RIP). Okay, later.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/joncavyls1

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Well, I actually live in Morgantown, WV...car is back home.

Um, as far as mods go...I'm actually kind of undecided on what to get right now. I've got plenty of ideas, but I don't know what to spend this initial cash on...Perhaps I should just go with the list of potentials, and you guys can help me decide :)

- Window Tinting (a guarantee, actually...probably 20% or less ~ $200)
- Enkei J10's (17's), wrapped in Dunlop SP Sport Signatures (courtesy of discounttiredirect.com ~ $1000)
- Cold Air Intake? (Injen ~$300)
- Lowering Springs (Eibach Pro Kit - can't go too low where I live ~$300)
- Sound System (DB Drive: 1 12", 2 6" Components, and Amps for both, Eclipse head unit ~$800)
- Halo Projector Headlights (~$300)
- Muffler (Vibrant, most likely ~$200)
- Stripping the side moldings (~ $5...good chance this will happen, tho expensive)
- Delete Cobalt and Chevy emblems off the back; shave trunk key hole (~$100)
- Install power locks w/ keyless entry/remote start (~$70)

Whew, lots of typing. Anyways grand total of all that is... about $3275. Obviously, I need your help. Man, I can't wait to get started on this car.

Oh yea, if you're interested, the guy on my friends list at cardomain is helping me out with a lot of the mods, and there's also a few pics of my old Cavalier (RIP). Okay, later.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/joncavyls1

haha all those sound great for a first 'to-do' list, i dont think i'd do it any differently...well i havent done the power options nor a CAI, but u get my drift, hahaha... be all exciting to watch the car transform! I want to shave my trunk too--its the minitrucker in me... but im gonna get a G5 trunk & shave the rev lights too :-D figure that would be easier...

there are alot of threads about most of the things uve posted to do, just use search & u'll find them--if not, just ask, lol

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to the site

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brought the Cobalt home today. Buffed out small scratches. Ordered shorty antenna 15 minutes ago. Calling tint guy tomorrow. Ordering keyless entry control module and capacitors tomorrow. Debadging rear later this week. As my budget has changed, anything after this is blurry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.