Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I tried to find a few shops around my area and other area's to make me a downpipe,yet for some reason its either they can or can't,and I am sure not going to pay over 400 dollars to get one done from meineke,they're overprice with their shit anyways.So I talk to my brother about it,I figure he did his own exhaust system on his old mustang gt 4 years ago.So he went with me autozone for the piping and he found the right piping for the cobalt,total price for parts 13 dollars,I am going catless for now until prices on the high flo will go down anyways or throw a O2 simulator on(if they work).My brother will be making me a custom downpipe,just need to find the welder in the garage,and get the downpipe made and install the new header and the car should be moving much smoother.

·
Banned
384 Posts
this could be cool. subscribed for results

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Very nice and good thing for a brother who has the skills for something like that so you wont have to pay somone for the labor and what not. Post pics when you get this done and results as well. I am currently getting a new downpipe myself. The SS one.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah after I get the downpipe and header on,I am going to get the 2.4 intake manifold put on.

·
Banned
384 Posts
youre going to need a tune if you put that intake mani on

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I am going to get the tune regardless.Only thing I wouldn't get out of the tune is the shifting points,since I have the B&M shiftplus kit.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Good to hear ... keep the modding goin

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I can get a hold of a 2.4 throttle body,I believe the SS has 32 pound injectors I am going to get that as well and tune it then honestly,even though when you go with bigger injectors they need to be tuned regardless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.