Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to do a custom exhaust probably magnaflow muffler or Cherrybomb.....what size pipe should i use? can i eliminate the resonator....?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well what are your plans for future mods? If you are just going to stay n/a with out cams. 2.25 is the way to go. If you have further plans, we'll take it from there.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill prob upgrade the intake to a full cold air instead of drop in..........headers...not sure what else.....

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i did my custom exhaust with a magnaflow muffler, and used a small length cherrybomb in place of the resonator, well this is the second time around, i listened to a few friends who said just dont run a resonator and my car sounded like shit.

both are good companies though
so what is on there now cuz im looking at 2.5 pipe to a magnaflow muffler.....no res or nothing.....

·
Registered
450 Posts
when you remove the resonator your car will tend to backfire more when slowing down from high revs. i had mine custom redone from resonator back 2.25'' into just a simple canister type muffler. it has a deep low tone and doesn't sound ricey. i have the same muffler as nugz. he helped me out with that. you can go to youtube to hear it just type in 2.2 exhaust and find the blue cobalt submitted by nugz. if you have good speakers you can get a good idea of what it really sounds like.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
so what is on there now cuz im looking at 2.5 pipe to a magnaflow muffler.....no res or nothing.....

i guess the sound depends on the person but i would recommend a res. i listened to other people the first time and didnt use one and i hated the way my car sounded

my previous setup was gm extrude honed manifold into a custom 2.5" d/p, into a high flow magnaflow cat, 2.5" piping into a magnaflow muffler

my new setup is gm e/h manifold into a 2.5" d/p, no cat, small cherry bomb for a resonator, then 2.5" piping into a magnaflow muffler

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.