Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so im selling my system. i decided to go in a differen't direction and i no longer need my box or subs.

the subs are 10" JL w6 v2, they are a little over a year old and are still in PERFECT condition!

this is a link to a sub like mine(THIS IS NOT MY EBAY ADD)

JL AUDIO 10W6V2 10" SUBWOOFER CAR AUDIO W6 SUB NEW !:eBay Motors (item 310165631272 end time Sep-30-09 19:20:22 PDT)
this is just so you can see what my subs are worth.

the box is custom hand made. it took a little over three days to make.

it is made out of 3/4" mdf and fiberglass. it is coated in black leather vinal.

the vinal has a few small tears in the top of the box but none that you can see from outside of the car.

this box was custom made and tuned for a cobalt. it can be used for spl or sound quality.

if you use it for spl you will need to buy small spacers to put into the box to take up a little air space.

it sounds great without them but will be twice as loud with them.

in order to install this box in your cobalt you will need to do a few things.

#1) take out all rear pannels and rear seat.

#2) there is a small bolt sticking down into the trunk from the back deck, its on the passenger side. this bolt will need to be shortened or replaced.

#3) if your battery is in your trunk it will need to be relocated to right behind the drivers side back seat. this is so you can drill a vent hole for the battery and the power lines will be out of the way so you can get the box in the trunk.

#4) use PLENTY of dynamat, this system will rattle your car to pieces!

here are the pics:

more pics soon.

.................................................................$PRICE$..............................................

im asking $700. you can see what you would pay for just the subs, so your getting the box for around $200.

the price is not firm, but i will only negotiate with serious buyers.

i may trade for cobalt parts or anything else you may have.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
nice looking setup but i doubt you'll get $700. good luck though

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats why i said the price isn't firm, but go to a sterio shop and ask them how much it would be to make a setup like this.. ive already been offered 7 buy a guy in a chevy suburban, i just wanted to let it go to another cobalt owner. i have a small 2 channel amp (new never been used, and still in the box) i can throw into the deal but its only big enough to power two 6x9s. i think its a 300w.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
thats why i said the price isn't firm, but go to a sterio shop and ask them how much it would be to make a setup like this.. ive already been offered 7 buy a guy in a chevy suburban, i just wanted to let it go to another cobalt owner. i have a small 2 channel amp (new never been used, and still in the box) i can throw into the deal but its only big enough to power two 6x9s. i think its a 300w.
Im not saying it wouldn't cost that. usually you get substantially less when selling it. if you were offered 7 id take it

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when 7 was offered i wasn't selling, lol. and they would charge you about 12 for this box and subs at a shop around here.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ah. thats always how it works eh. its a good setup. its definately worth it imo but...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there is plenty of trunk space! i can keep my california car duster and a full bottle of rim cleaner in there! lol. and then there are a few inches behind the rear seat to keep stuff..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.