Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently reapolstered my rear seats and thought I'd show them off. They're a little loose on the top sections but I'm very happy with the outcome hope you guys like them. Oh and I did them myself (first time sewing) SO BACK OFF! lol just kidding.

These are the pieces of the old seat.

mid way through

The bottom piece isn't locked in all the way.

·
Registered
284 Posts
wow man nice work!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
great work for doing it ur self ...i would let u do mine...how about the fronts ?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback. I wasn't quite sure what kind of reactions I'd get. haha.

dduffy2005 added 3 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Very nice man! I love it when ppl take on projects like this themselves. Makes you feel better about it when it's done knowing that you didn't just throw out some cash to get it done.
thanks. I like being able to say I did stuff myself! not just bought it and installed it. all though sometimes that's the best way to go but not for stuff like this. If I think I can pull it off then I'll try it.

dduffy2005 added 4 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

wow man nice work!!!
thanks man!

dduffy2005 added 7 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

wow, impressive. You don't see to many DIY seat reapolsterings. Good work.
thanks IMA. I was going to do a DIY on this but didn't think anyone would be interested..... I was wrong! I might be able to still put something together though.

dduffy2005 added 8 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Nice work. I'm kinda surprised you didn't put a transformers badge on them somewhere LOL...
HAHA! I like the movie but I'm not going for that look on the car. lol

dduffy2005 added 10 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

great work for doing it ur self ...i would let u do mine...how about the fronts ?
Like I told all my friends, it was definatly worth it but I'm not sure I'll ever do it again. As for the fronts, I'm planning on buying corbeau fx1 or fx1 pros so I'm not going to do the fronts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Looks great. I cant wait to see the DIY guide for this. Have you tackled your front seats yet? Also how much did the materials cost?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not going to do the fronts because I plan on getting corbeau seats. Total cost of materials (not including the sewing machine) was around $40.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.