Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a kit car that will re-use the gauge cluster and I accidentally cut the 3 wires coming from the Info/Return buttons. I looked in my service manual and looked at the pinout for the gauge cluster and cannot determine where I need to repin the three wires. They are green/white, grey, and black/white(i know this is a ground.)

I know the circuit is 1358, but beyond this I cannot tell where to repin in. I also looked at the pinout of the PCM and BCM and cannot find circuit 1358 or "DIC Switch".

I have looked around a great deal on the forum and searched for a solution before posting so I appreciate any help in the thread.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What year?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Give me 5 minutes

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Is this what you're looking for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have that plug intact, but the wires leading out of it are cut. I need to figure out where wires 1, 3 and 7 go at the other end

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Right...this better?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Which kit car are you building?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Upon further review, I believe I simply cut the connection between the button and the ribbon cable inside the steering wheel. Sorry to bother you with such a newbie blunder but I gotta say you are a connector pinout ninja!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Coby is the man haha, glad you got it figured out at least

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

And please keep us posted on your build, I've always wanted to see the actual progress and hear feedback from somebody that builds one. I would love to build a turbo one haha, would make my own carbon fiber body for it though

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
At least you now know where they go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My long term goal is to have it full-bodied, probably fiberglass. I am building it supercharged. I'd probably kill myself with a turbo one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.