Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i want to cut 2 coils off of the dropzone springs im gettin... how much of a drop will that give me? they are supposed to lower the car 2 in.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
787 Posts
you would be rubbing if you cut off two full coils. or at least i think you would be. look at burnts car for example. hes pretty low and cutting off two coils would drop it considerably more

·
Registered
127 Posts
Your car would define the word "slammed"
Lol.

·
Registered
745 Posts
your ride would be f-u-c-k-e-d. 2 coils is probably withouth a doubt dangerous. i would do 1 coil if you were even going to cut them

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so how low would cuttin one coil off get me?

·
Registered
378 Posts
i never did understand how this is possible on a balt, the front i can see is fine to do, but how would you go about doing this is the rear and still get the springs to seat properly?.. im never gonna do it i love my pedders the way they are thanks lol just curious

·
Registered
745 Posts
one coil is even really unsafe, everybody gonna tell you not to do it, but if you do it then its all you. one coil might get you another inch-ish

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
i never did understand how this is possible on a balt, the front i can see is fine to do, but how would you go about doing this is the rear and still get the springs to seat properly?.. im never gonna do it i love my pedders the way they are thanks lol just curious
have you ever seen a rear coilover spring for the cobalts? theyre at the most 5 inches from top to bottom lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.