Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the nurses here has an 08 cobalt sedan and she was telling me her car wouldn't move and would roll when in park last week, she had it towed to the dealer and they said the drivers side cv axle popped out of the transmission and they popped it back in is that a common problem ?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Probably was never seated properly to begin with or somebody changed an outer tie rod, strut or lower control arm lately and yanked it out and never snapped it back in. Otherwise under normal driving conditions this should never happen since there's always positive pressure for it to stay in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you,you were right after reading your response I asked her if she had any work done recently and she said yes they put a new wheel bearing in about 5 weeks ago

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
There you go! Oversight from the mechanic he should have double checked his work

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just so thankful that its not a common problem with cobalts because I was worried it would happen to me:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she said the same dealer did the front bearing also I told her I would go and complain to the manager and see if they will do something about it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.