Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me with this issue. I have an 05 Cobalt and my dash lights and the other backlights for the gearshift, heat control knobs, etc. are not working. When the key is turned to acc, all of the lights function and the dimmer works as well. When the key is turned further to start the car, the lights no longer work. I haven't taken it to a shop yet, was hoping to find answers elsewhere first.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That is to warn you that both your tail lights are out.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Do they light up both when you're on and off the brake? Also, double check the 3rd brake light. Make sure all 3 of those light bulbs are still working.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The warning for brake lights is you lose cruise, when you lose cluster lights it is usually to tell you that you lost both tail lights.

Maybe you lost the sense line going to the BCM because of corrosion or something, try pulling the connectors off and re-seating them a few times. These would be the 2 blue/gray connectors. I don't know which one carries the sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reseated both connectors and still no change. One of the connectors had some electrical tape wrapped around it, so I'm going to assume someone messed with it previously. I will check the connections in the connector tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Might be a stupid question but is your dimmer pot way up clockwise, just in case.

Reactions: Parthros

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was the first thing I checked. The dimmer switch functions as it should. All of the backlights work when the key is turned to acc...I can't make sense of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.