Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided my first step is going to be to get a red trim kit for my 08 special edition. I want to go with a whole red/gray theme here but I don't know if i want to paint the pieces myself, or get a kit. and if i get a kit what kind do i want? I was leaning towards a kit. But i don't know where to find a good deal or if i should get the cheaper stick on ones or if i should get a kit with the actual dash board pieces. Any good websites? suggestions? pictures?? Ill have pictures up SOON of my car.

After that I also want to get red neons, and paint my brake calipers and drums red as well as the ECOTEC letters on the engine, the intake i was going to get also just happens to be red/gray.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
just paint your trim pieces man. use krylon fusion for plastics.
no sanding needed at all. works like a charm!
i painted mine gloss black. looks gooddd than i put COBALT on the passenger trim piece. with letters some one was selling on ebay. perfectly spaced out the same spacing as the trunk letters.. so all i had to do was peal off the back plastic and put them to the trim
it looks real good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys based on this I do think I will paint them myself. Guess I was turned off at first just due to a fear of screwing them up.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
ha thanks for suggesting my how too OBZ!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Just curious, but what makes a "special edition" the "special edition"? I've never seen one before.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just curious, but what makes a "special edition" the "special edition"? I've never seen one before.

Well it came with Special Edition Steel Alloy Wheels, a chrome exhaust tip, a remote start, and ebony black interior. I have seen SOME special editions with leather, and SOME with sunroofs and racing stripes.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i suggest just painting them. you'll save $80.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i suggest just painting them. you'll save $80.
I am all about painting them But I would still like to have the originals pieces too. But luckily I found a junkyard with a few Cobalts. I was going to go on thursday to see if i can rip some trim out of them.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I can't wait to paint mine white to match my car! I have a dream of black with white accents interior! Its gonna be sick! Now if only I could hire Ish from West coast customs to make me some seat covers with white and black!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I can't wait to paint mine white to match my car! I have a dream of black with white accents interior! Its gonna be sick! Now if only I could hire Ish from West coast customs to make me some seat covers with white and black!
lol. you can buy seat covers on pfyc. they fit snug.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah they fit snug but they also cost you a good penny. there alotttttt for seat covers

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I love my painted interior... I'm gonna rip it apart & repaint alot of it before my show this weekend! WOO! But yeah, painting is alot more personal/custom than just a kit. And white would look SICK! I've thought about puttin some white in the s10 we're working on, so we'll see how that turns out :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.