Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Chevy Cobolt 2008 Dash are completely out. Everything else is ok, but I have no idea on how to fix this problem. Please help

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check your tail lights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dash lights do not work either, but the tail lights do. Tail light fuse is good, cluster light fuse is good. There is voltage on both sides of the cluster fuse, but there is no voltage coming out on any of the BCM pins(B2, C2, C11, C12, & F3). Is there something wrong with the BCM?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Fuse doesn't have to be burnt. If both taillights are burnt BCM will turn off Instrument lights. Did you try unplugging the 2 blue and grey connectors on the BCM and re-connecting? Sometimes a bit of corrosion on the pins will cause all kinds of stupid stuff.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Parking lights fuse is good and park lights work fine.

I did jumper 12 volt power to A7 and dash lights turned on! Now to follow wire back and see if there is an issue there somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Something doesn't make sense here!!!! When the BCM applies the same 12 volts to pin 7 to turn park lamps on the cluster should then also turn on unless dimmer is set to it's minimum value.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah, doesn't make sense to me either if pin 7 is supposed to supply voltage to the tail lights. But the lights do work and I am getting 0 volts on pin 7. Do you think it is the load voltage coming back that tells the BCM if the tail lights are working or not? IE. 0 volts then saying lights are not working, or 12 volts and lights are working.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
There's a separate sense voltage so I'm still puzzled.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It says parklamp voltage

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry, yes it seems to be the case. Do you where the sense voltage comes from or goes to? I still get 0 volts on A7. so when I put 12 volts on A7, the dash lights come on and work properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
so...I took some time tonight and decided to tear out seats and carpet. Guess what I found. Someone must have had issues with the tail light wiring before and "rewired" it back so the the tail lights would work. some of the wires were cut and just laying there. It took me a while to route where the wires went and connected together as there are a few tail light wires. The wire from A7 does connect to the other tail light wires which get their power from the fuse box under the hood. Got it all wired back together and now dash and tail lights work!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Junction point under the driver's seat

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes, it is. Looks like it must have burnt and they couldn't figure it out, so they ran a new wire, but didn't hook up the wire from A7.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.