Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that the 2008 Cobalt daytime running lights are now the headlights? They used to be the parking lamps. I didn't even notice that thay've changed until I drove one yesterday in the daylight.
I don't know why they changed...

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
well here is what I do, start the car, let the lights stay on for a min than flip them either off or too the parking light, no biggy. I wish there was a way to make them not come on when you start the car because during the day and it being sunny I do not want them on and why should they come on if I do not want them, kills the life of the light when they come on and get shut right off all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
is this day time and auto thing different? Or am I reading something wrong, the lights on mine come on, all of them, than after a few seconds the side marker lights go off leaving just the headlights on, than I can just move the switch down(if I have not right after start up) and it shuts them off so no lights are on unless I flip it down again or if I put it in the marker light position or headlights.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I know, that is what I was saying, you flip it down toward the auto position. I am just saying I would like to not have to do anything and have them be off everytime I start it up. I know its no biggy to flip the switch but it retarded to have auto lights on a car and not have a perminent off position that way you do do not have to have someone like me talking about this because they lights would not come on unless I wanted them too be it auto or manually doing it.:)

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Yea safety is good, I guess its nice we do have the option to switch it off and not drive around w/ them on all the time like cavaliers or gasp, my g/fs corolla, she has no choice. There is not even a light switch or anything, they come on when started and stay on. No way at all to turn them off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The headlamps and instrument panel lighting on the 'Balt are actually pretty complex. You actually cant have DRL's, manual control of the head lights and properly functioning instrument cluster lights without some very expansive wiring mods.

Its easy to defeat the auto lights, but your dash lights will never come on, and its "relatively" easy to defeat your auto headlamps and still have dash lights function as designed, but youll lose DRL's.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.