Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have that airplane propeller sound that started 2 weeks ago. Pitch changes as I swerve left to right, with emphasis on a right swerve! I don't know if I could do this myself.....checking around, best shop deal(owner operator type of place) gave me a quote of $450 for both front hubs, 5 year warranty, or, knock $100 of the total with cheaper Chinese hubs with a year warranty. Deal? Other shops were somewhat higher priced.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Is just the bearing covered under warranty or labour too, because a good mechanic doing a good job in cleaning and torquing everything to specs is going to take 1 hour at the most. Seems a little steep. I just changed the 2 front hubs on my 2007 and it took me a little over an hour. Total cost $92.21 Cdn with tax.

Order Date: 7/24/2016 8:24:32 AM Locale/Currency: en-CA / CAD
Payment Method: PAYPALEXPRESS

SKU: Product
Quantity Weight Price Discount Ext. Price

HB613207PR 2 NEW PREMIUM FRONT WHEEL HUB BEARING ASSEMBLY UNITS PAIR/SET FOR LEFT AND RIGHT
2007 - CHEVROLET - COBALT
Warranty: 6 Month 1 0.0100 $82.79 $0.00 $82.79

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, I'll check on the warranty if parts or parts and labor!:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Same here. Dealer hubs are probably Chinese anyway.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update

I found through word of mouth home mechanic, who's day job is a fleet mechanic. He got hubs with a 3 year warranty through his workplace at $95 a piece, installed at $70 a side.....nice little shop with a hoist!
Nice quiet ride again.....thanks all for the input!:grin2::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Now you can bring the music volume back down a notch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.