Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I would imagine it would be a if cost was no issue only. say if the customs shop up the road wants 5k, your dealer would want 10...lol

but I do not think you could get a dealer to do it. the stock turbo/super have slightly different engines to accommodate the extra HP

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I wouldn't trust the dealer to do custom work. That being said, the Supercharger setup isn't that difficult to install, just time consuming. There are build threads around that take care of the install steps.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I'm almost positive a dealer won't even do it.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

They would just look at you with the deer in the headlights look when you ask them lol

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Do it yourself, don't take it to a shop or dealership...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The install would cost you 4X that the parts would. The dealer techs aren't qualified to do any work that isn't prescribed for the vehicles they repair or maintain...

·
Registered
6 Posts
It took my stealership 4 weeks to diagnose my cracked intercooler....so, I would never trust a dealership to build a custom forced induction system. Study up and do it yourself or pay a shop like zzp.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It took my stealership 4 weeks to diagnose my cracked intercooler....so, I would never trust a dealership to build a custom forced induction system. Study up and do it yourself or pay a shop like zzp.
Yep. First thing I do when I take my car in for anything where they might have to touch the FI system is to inspect everything related to the pumps...etc to make sure everything still works. Most dealership techs I've come across don't know what the hell to do when they encounter a supercharger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.