Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I put in the canuck motorsports springs before my road trip this past weekend. So to begin with after install I went for test drive I could feel a slight vibration from 2000-3500 rpm. By the time I arrived It really shook bad in second gear 20-80km/hr. So on the way home today going up hill through 2,3,4,5 20-140km/hr the car shook like crazy mostly in my pedals and front end and then in pedals and seat up to 140km/hr. Any Ideas? I hope to fu** it isnt tranny. I would hate to have to take springs out in event this could be a warranty issue. I really cant see it being wheel balance as it started immediately after the springs were installed and gradually got worse as the weekend went on.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
yes, any time you install springs you'll need an alignment. Since you have played with the front struts placement. Did you mark them before taking them off at the bolt location so that you could line them up properly when you put them back on? (you would still need an alignment either way)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alignment already done and yes struts were marked. We did use an eibach cam bolt when we did the adjustments. It vibrates only while accelerating worst in 2 then slightly through the rest. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
hmmm not sure then :S post up when you figure it out though

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys think it would be a good idea to put the stock springs back in. Just in case it is tranny. I dont know how the dealer reacts to aftermarket springs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Unless the dealership can prove beyond a doubt that the new springs have damaged the transmission, they can't say or do anything about it. Anything you hear otherwise is a lie.

However, if they do prove beyond a doubt that the springs are the cause of the problem, it COULD cause some warranty problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey has anyone else experienced this with other vendors springs? ie eibach,tein,megan or did I just get a shitty set of springs?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Also how much damage am I doing driving? Any recomendations on a lowering spring that will not cause this?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Spring manufacturer doesnt matter, the drop is what changes your suspension geometry. Lower you go, the more the axle pushes inward. I've been driving 50000 on a 2" drop, no problems
lol this scares me :p

I've been driving 30,000km's on a 2.5 - 2.75 ish drop, and no problems yet...at least no noticeable problems...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
^^^^^^^I've got the same setup as you, except I have Koni struts and shocks, Its more the coilover guys that have problems
great! good to know. I love my ride height but the roads here are starting to take a toll on my nerves since the suspension is so stiff...I think I'm going to start driving super slow on bad roads and pissing everyone off behind me. Last night my friend with a slammed s2000 told me he does this lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The canuck motorsports springs are only supposed to drop the car 1" in front and 1.5 rear. So both of you guys are dropped over 2" and have no problems with axle bind? why would 1.0 do it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.