Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally took off my chevy emblem off the back,but unlike the other badges it left a giant dull,raw(non shiny) mark behind it?

i waxed that part and washed it several times, any ideas on what i messed up?
and how i can clear it up?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
i finally took off my chevy emblem off the back,but unlike the other badges it left a giant dull,raw(non shiny) mark behind it?

i waxed that part and washed it several times, any ideas on what i messed up?
and how i can clear it up?
I had the exact same thing. I waxed mine at least 5 times and left it... waxed it again later and now its not there

·
Registered
164 Posts
it might be faded, well ur car paint in comparison to the paint under the bowtie.

or, like in my case, some clear coat was removed (didnt take my time) and has a slight discoloration

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had same problems on my 05 cobalt all I did was scrub the glue residue off with a dry wash cloth.. Don't wet the glue or cloth... Once you get the glue off just wax one or two times :noworry:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just took both side moldings and rear badges off of my car this weekend. Even after using some Goo Gone, I could see where the badges/moldings had been when dew fell on the car at night. What I did to solve the problem was take it to a buddy's house, and we buffed the spots real well. Ended up doing the whole car for shits and giggles, but after it was all said and done it looked like the car came from the factory that way. My advice: if possible, buff it it you have the tool. If not, see how much a body shop would charge you to do a quick buff on the spots. Shouldn't be more than $30, I'd imagine. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had the same problem but used some goo gone and then washed and waxed the area and problem solved.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
This is what you need to do to get it off

Go to autozone. Buy a rubbing compound Turtle wax makes a good one. And then Buy a Polisher/Light Swirl Remover. Very important it says light or heavy swirl remover.

First use the rubbing compound and go over the spot not rubbing to hard but not to soft either. Then buff it off with a microfiber cloth.

Once you have the rubbing compound off use the Light Swirl remover and go over the spot with that. Then buff that off. This should make it nice and shiny again. I used this when i took off my side panels on the car. And some of the badges.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
word took my side moldings off today and threw some wax on it and its still there a little bit so im gonna use some polish compound just a little bit see how it works. its not noticeable to anyone else but to me it is who is the biggest judge

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.