Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I also painted my front bow tie black today but it didn't turn out. I am going to give it another shot tomorrow. I was too impatient.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
looks pretty good! (and i know what u mean about being too impatient, lol)
thought about takin off ur side strips?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks pretty good! (and i know what u mean about being too impatient, lol)
thought about takin off ur side strips?
Yeah, I was thinking about taking off the side strips but decided to paint the front bow tie instead. I'm off this week so maybe I'll take the side strips off tomorrow. I know I'll be repainting the bow tie tomorrow:sad2:

I want to paint the rear bow tie too. I thought I read where that is held on with tape ... is that true? How do you get it back in the same spot after you take it off?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about taking off the side strips but decided to paint the front bow tie instead. I'm off this week so maybe I'll take the side strips off tomorrow. I know I'll be repainting the bow tie tomorrow:sad2:

I want to paint the rear bow tie too. I thought I read where that is held on with tape ... is that true? How do you get it back in the same spot after you take it off?
since u wanna take it off & put it back on, just take the 'gold' off the 'chrome' that way you can just insert it back in... cuz it comes apart, you'll just need some doublesided 3M tape to put it back in... at least that's how i'd do it if i wanted it put back on the EXACT same spot, lol...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I also painted my front bow tie black today but it didn't turn out. I am going to give it another shot tomorrow. I was too impatient.
Ok, I removed the back bow

And here is my painted bow in front

Here's a close up

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all! Maybe I'll tackle the side strips tomorrow. It took be a while to remove the bow on the back. I used a lot of goo gone and elbow grease and I'm tired.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Thanks all! Maybe I'll tackle the side strips tomorrow. It took be a while to remove the bow on the back. I used a lot of goo gone and elbow grease and I'm tired.
:laugh:
yeah, the side strips were a 2 day job for me just b/c of when i decided to do them & everything else i had to get done... its tough, but worth it! lol I think it was like 1.5hr/strip... and i got like 3 blisters, lol

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
looks great man! if your gonna do any cosmetic secondary color, make it black, or if you do a diff secondary color, paint the bowtie to match it or, victory red to blend right in. just imo. but i really like it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.