Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Search braaa its all over

Some quality fishing line, goo gone, and a heat gun. Just like flossing.

Spray goo gone on and wait a good five minutes. Warm up with heat gun and floss away.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Any one know how to debage the balt i tryed before and i didnt do it it looked like it was taken the paint n gloss off any easy ways how
I'm pretty sure you mean de-badge... LOL just givin you sh*t. But yeah he's spot on. Fishing line, a heat gun, and goo-gone will do the trick. Or you can do what I did. I swapped decklids with another member, and it was already done. My lowrise decklid for his highrise decklid.

LOL "DEBAGE" it sounds french.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure you mean de-badge... LOL just givin you sh*t. But yeah he's spot on. Fishing line, a heat gun, and goo-gone will do the trick. Or you can do what I did. I swapped decklids with another member, and it was already done. My lowrise decklid for his highrise decklid.

LOL "DEBAGE" it sounds french.
Lmao i was texting n driving so suck it! -.- and what about adhesive remover? Instead of goo gone? And what if i was french? Lol could i call you "languageish" ? Lol

·
Registered
922 Posts
I knwo for sure Goo-Gone is safe for our cars. I used it when I took the pin striping off the sides of my car. It worked great. I don't know about any other adhesive removers that will not damage the paint. There are some out there but I don't know personally which ones are safe.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knwo for sure Goo-Gone is safe for our cars. I used it when I took the pin striping off the sides of my car. It worked great. I don't know about any other adhesive removers that will not damage the paint. There are some out there but I don't know personally which ones are safe.
Oh ok maybe il de-badge it tomorrow

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I have found the easiest way to debadge a car is actually by using a turtle wax product. Spray on, wait 30 seconds, plastic chisel and will remove 99% in the first application. Took me 5 minutes tops to remove 5 badges and window stickers from my evo.

Here is the product I use:
Buy Turtlewax Sticker Remover T529 at Advance Auto Parts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Np :)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Well, there is always knowledge for future reference though! LOL. Glad you got it done though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.