Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I heard JL Audio is top notch quality but over price their amps,I heard Alpine has some kick ass amps as well.I don't need a 2 channel or a 4 channel amp from either company,mono is fine,no reason to amp my speakers.So the Alpine I was looking at is the Alpine MRP-M500,its a mono amp.its 500 watt rms at 2 ohms and 300 watts rms at 4 ohms,Now as for the JL audio possibly the A Series A1200,200 watts rms at 2ohms at 12.5 volts and 275 watts rms at 2 ohms at 14.4 volts.,but I would say I am liking the Alpine a little more,even though both of these are the new models for 2008.I have the pioneer system,the sub is good enough 10 inch dual voice.the speakers are reasonable to,so I don't think I will upgrade the speakers honestly.I am not doing this for a audio competition either,just want to listen to my music thats about it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
well you can't go wrong with either one, just go with the one you like best. And just by going my looks i would pick the alpine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you want a kick ass mono amp, go with kicker. I have an older model 600.1 mono block amp. RMS is rated at a 768, and Total watts is 1200. I have been running this for years, it still has yet to disappoint.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well sounds nice and all,but for a 10 inch pioneer sub I don't think I need 768 watts of rms,but I will look at them and prices

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
man go with the kicker, best thing i ever did. I actually had a alpine 600 watt rms hooked up to my kicker l7. Ripped that out once i got my hands on a kicker amp. Go to kickers site, check them out, they dont **** around with bass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.