·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my brother had racing seats in his mustang honestly and I know a few other people who have racing seats as well and they're just comfortable for me,sometimes when I am driving I get a little to uncomfortable with the seats that are in it right now,unless I can honestly find some sort of gel like seat covers

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Corbeau bucket seats are much better than the crappy stock Cobalt ones. I had a write up on swapping them but it got lost when the site crashed.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would personally just cover them I've been looking at coverking covers they're fitted and look nice. the cobalt's seat already have a sporty feel to them
Ever pushed the car hard through corners with the stock seat? You have to hang onto the steering wheel to keep from sliding around the cabin. Cobalt seats are not the least bit sporty, they're pretty flat with crappy bolstering and that stupid forward tilting head rest always made me feel like I was looking down.

Most aftermarkets will be more comfortable and supportive.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with blackbalt on that one,thats another reason I want to switch them out for better seats

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ever pushed the car hard through corners with the stock seat? You have to hang onto the steering wheel to keep from sliding around the cabin. Cobalt seats are not the least bit sporty, they're pretty flat with crappy bolstering and that stupid forward tilting head rest always made me feel like I was looking down.

Most aftermarkets will be more comfortable and supportive.
There's a bit of irony there... I use to own a 1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible. The thing had bucket seats in the front and rear but they were leather. Pushing on corners was scary for people in that thing cause we slid all over the place haha. But I do agree with the dislike of the headrest.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I agree with blackbalt on that one,thats another reason I want to switch them out for better seats
Watch out for the cheaper reclining back seats, some of them tend to snap in half when the car is involved in an accident. If you can't buy something nice and reclining go with a fixed back seat, they tend to be significantly cheaper. Look for something with a steel/aluminum tubed frame or maybe fiberglass but I don't know how fiberglass that would be in a collision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.