Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I as I was checking my plugs, I remove coil on cyl 3 and the spark plug came out with it. The threads in the head were ruined and i found bits of aluminum inside the cylinder. I am not sure how to get the debris out of the cylinder. I tried using a shop vac, but it didn't work. Please help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Today I as I was checking my plugs, I remove coil on cyl 3 and the spark plug came out with it. The threads in the head were ruined and i found bits of aluminum inside the cylinder. I am not sure how to get the debris out of the cylinder. I tried using a shop vac, but it didn't work. Please help.
I've read that you can fill the cylinder with oil or water, then disconnect the fuel injection/pump fuses and also the ignition coil fuses. Then turn it over with the starter (with the spark plug still out). It will spray the contents of the cylinder everywhere and youll have to do it a few times.

You should do some more googling first, but it's the only thing I know of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I managed to crank it over with the injectors and coils unplugged and a friend held a shop vac over the empty spark plug hole. That got most of it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.