Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive had several different size wheels over the years in New England with mixed results.

What im looking for is a good looking wheel that will fill out the wheel well some more that I can keep on all year round. So no chrome. Also, im not looking for unidirectional tires either. So im wondering if I can do all seasons on 17's and have enough sidewall with the size of wheel well.

Basically, I dont want expensive tires that cant be rotated and I dont want to lose ride quality.

My intentions right now were to go with stock 16" aluminums as an upgrade from 15" steelies and paint them black, Im just curious to see what others have for a year round setup that will work in the winter. I cant justify spend over $1000 again for wheels i have on half the year ive done it a few times and then go to sell them and they are worth an 1/8th the price.

btw im in a stock LS 4lug.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
New England....all seasons??? Cheap tire but not lose ride quality!!! No chrome, no steel...

U got me. Keep dreaming I guess....I look for safety first, for me and others. I can always make more money but can't replace my kids.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Sorry man if I sound sarcastic but even 40$ WalMart Nexen are unidirectional.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think im going with 16" alums painted blwck i just want a good look without having low profile sidewalls and 200$ tires.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
15'' tires are cheaper, 15'' rims are cheaper.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the point is I want a wheel abit larger that fills up more of the wheeel well but i dont want it to be "low pro"

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The second number on the tire 195/60 R15 is the wall height by percentage of the belt. So 60% of 195mm. If you get a 205/75 it will fill your wheel well, but you will throw off your speedometer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.