Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering wheel emblem has been dented since the day I bought the car and I'm considering options to fix the problem.

It looks like a few people went with overlays from Motor City Vinyl with good results. They have some pretty interesting color options, including CF. I was thinking about that with maybe a silver bow tie.

Anyone ever have this problem and come up with a good fix that doesn't jeopardize safety?

·
Registered
60 Posts
My steering wheel emblem has been dented since the day I bought the car and I'm considering options to fix the problem.

It looks like a few people went with overlays from Motor City Vinyl with good results. They have some pretty interesting color options, including CF. I was thinking about that with maybe a silver bow tie.

Anyone ever have this problem and come up with a good fix that doesn't jeopardize safety?
join the club, mine was perfect wen i bought it....i think becasue of my lil road rage issue i earned two dents in the center....they are hidden due to the fact they dented in the corners on the chevy bowtie so it blends in....but i know its there. as for a solution....sorry buddy idk of any and frankly i wouldnt mess with that area because of the air bag.

good luck thou

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Dealer would have them if you have an arm or a leg you don't need.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
The only way you can get this emblem is to find a used one and good luck replacing it. Or buy an entire air bag unit and replace it. If you try to pry out the metal part you have a good chance at ruining it but it you are very careful and lucky you can get it out in one piece. There are metal tabs that hold it in and they are just bent over. The air bag itself is very easy to remove.

·
Registered
563 Posts
lol dents in the emblem from hitting your horn so hard?? nice :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.