Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am picking up a 2008 G5 Pontiac this week. 15,800 miles. My 2009 Dodge RAM 1500 R/T pickup truck with 4:10 gears, and stall converter is eating my lunch in gas expense. I will park it and drive the G5 on a daily basis. The car was bought at RLB and came from an elderly man, estate sale.

Thanks! jw

MODS...please edit out the link when dead....

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=70336051&listingRecNum=1&criteria=sf1Dir=ASC&mkId=20035&stkTyp=U&mdId=21181&rd=100&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId&zc=76210&rn=0&PMmt=1-1-0&stkTypId=28881&sf2Dir=DESC&sf1Nm=miles&sf2Nm=price&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
welcome! that's exactly what my mom did! she has a super sexy ford sport track adrenaline, but parks it for the most part and she bought a 2009 g5 to drive daily. it is a good car and great on gas, you'll love it!

But the price of the car in the link is much too high IMO...I bought my 2009 cobalt BRAND NEW for $14k tax in, and it is...well was a base model lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hot down here in tejas.......

welcome! that's exactly what my mom did! she has a super sexy ford sport track adrenaline, but parks it for the most part and she bought a 2009 g5 to drive daily. it is a good car and great on gas, you'll love it!

But the price of the car in the link is much too high IMO...I bought my 2009 cobalt BRAND NEW for $14k tax in, and it is...well was a base model lol.

Thanks to all. :toung: One of my buddies had a Cobalt for years and had no real trouble with it to speak of....I really wanted a Cruze ECO but for 21K I had to pass. The R/T RAM I wanted to keep so this is an easy out. This is a very low mile example. I am not even sure what total option package it has. Picking it up Friday. Bought a case of filters and a K&N drop in. :laugh: I am setting the truck up for some amature drag racing. :bigsmile:

Called GM Customer Service today, Power Steering TSB performed. All records are in the glove box from what I am told.:laugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

yep, but I got is for 12900.00 which is still over book. Dallas/Houston are 2 of the highest priced cities for used cars in the Nation. Certified examples of this year are bringing in 15-17k, lease returns mostly with 30,000 plus miles I believe 12,900 a good price for the low low miles and condition. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
backed out.......car smelled like someone puked in it.......RLB is a joke......tacky place. Found a 2010 XFE Cobalt Coupe for under 10k on a Chevy lot...checking it tamara...new on the lot! 5k off so they say

·
Say What again!
5,997 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.