Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me try this again. At first the car died as i was pulling in our driveway so i let it cost on in. Later that night i tried to start the car and it wouldnt turn over I noticed the shifter wouldnt lock in park and the button had stopped working which also wasnt allowing the key to turn all the way back and releasing from cylinder. I checked all fuses and relays everything was good tried a new battery thats when i noticed none of the usual lights (check engine water temp oil light battety light so on) were coming on like they were supposed to when the key was turned to the run position. Dealer said ignition switch so i replaced it Now the security lock came on so i went through the key relearn Now when key is turned to on position security comes on for 3 secs and goes off still no sign of the normal lights u see before you crank the car. Dealer first told me without power to the cluster lights pcm couldnt be reset after chaning ign switch i called back and guess what now there saying pcm needs reset. Can someone please help me its our only vehicle we have 3 kids school starting back its getting harder to get back and forth to work any help would be greatly appreciated and i would be forever in your debt Ive found a pcm at a jyard for 50$ could that be my problem

·
Registered
709 Posts
Got the exact same problem with the car + lock emblem on the dash. Towed it to the shop and it will done tomorrow, I'll give you info on what was my problem maybe it will help you!!

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
Sounds like the key isn't working correctly (the chip inside). That'd be my bet.

·
Registered
709 Posts
My car is now fine. A wire in the fuse panel under de console was not working. The power stopped to the clutch(Key>Ignition>Fuse(don't remember the exact one but it's a 15a or 20a)>Clutch>Wire not working>Computer.

So to make a long story short, the ''anti-theft'' logo had nothing to do with an anti-theft. Oh, and no error codes showed during all the time doing this. So I guess this problem can have randoms causes... You'll have to bring your car to GM or any garage, sorry :eek:h:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.