Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car has been turboed for about a yr and 14k miles now and still runs like a champ..

it's only been 100% since about april so alot of that 14k was just taking it easy.

Here's how it sits currently.

Performance
-Custom turbo kit
-3" coldside charge piping
-2.5" hotside charge piping
-50 trim t3/t4 garret turbo
-60# injectors
-NGK 1step colder plugs
-type s bov..soon to be changed
-3" catless dp
-3" custom exhaust w/magnaflow resonator and no muffler
-ttr tranny bushings
-cosmo short throw shifter
-exedy stg 2 clutch
-new oem flywheel and slave
-Trifecta tuned for 10 psi
-Hallman es manual boost controller
-innovate lc-1 wideband
-full 3" exhaust w/ no muffler

dyno on stock clutch just to hear it

here's some vids of it i made recently of the new exhaust. i should have a dyno of the setup in a week or so. first time @ the track i ran 13.94 @ 109 and 2 14.0s @ 108.

YouTube - ‪2.4 turbo cobalt. exhaust idle‬‎

YouTube - ‪2.4 turbo cobalt quick pull‬‎

finally sitting down and planning wut i wanna do for the future. im looking to get a new place next jan so im trying to have the big pieces ordered so i dont have to worry about them

here's what i have planned out so far.

diamond forged pistons 440 ottperformance.com
carillo rods 849.99 ottperformance.com
ARP ECO head studs 134.99 ottperformance.com
ZZP valve spring kit 179.99 ZZperformance.com
valves 339.99 ottperformance.com
main studs 132.99 ottperformance.com
piston rings 130 ottperformance.com
intake mani
Devils Own Meth Kit 200 CSS purchase BOUGHT
zzp 2 bar map 34.95 Zzperformance.com BOUGHT

Still unsure as to wut i wanna do with the intake mani but ill work on that later. my shop can make one for me. its just a matter of wut i wanna do.

i may or may not go with a new turbo, ran a bolt on and tune ss tc on saturday. for the most part we're even depending on the speed he'd beat me or id beat him. (friend has video, still waiting for it lol) but ill be updating this as i gather all the parts

i just ordered the meth and 2 bar so when it comes in ill be adding that to my setup and dynoing.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude why do u always say that lol. my car IS a 2.4 ss. haha..

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

sidebar. im looking into getting some wiseco pistons and eagle rods, just need to email them

·
Registered
446 Posts
dude why do u always say that lol. my car IS a 2.4 ss. haha..

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

sidebar. im looking into getting some wiseco pistons and eagle rods, just need to email them
That's what I thought too, and I like the internal setup list you got going there. How much HP are putting down at the wheels with your current setup?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dude I say this everytime but your car is Sex on wheels cause well....my car is sex on wheels and our cars are twins minus the bumpers and wheels and(turbo(soon though)
Good luck with the build my friend! :)

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so its a custom set up and not a kit? nice, how much did it run you
i first bought it off Maven from css (one of the most knowledgable cobalt guys on the net)

and from wut it seems it was a kit made by Rebel Auto Works. Since ive had it i replaced everything except the turbo mani and dp

i paid 1300 for it and it came with a gt30 turbo. turbo alone worth 1300
That's what I thought too, and I like the internal setup list you got going there. How much HP are putting down at the wheels with your current setup?
should be 300 easy. i havent dynoed, but i will after i install meth. maybe before, whichever situation presents itself. i did run a ss/tc that is on par with most 3xxwhp ss/tcs so itd have to be somewhere around that range as well
Dude I say this everytime but your car is Sex on wheels cause well....my car is sex on wheels and our cars are twins minus the bumpers and wheels and(turbo(soon though)
Good luck with the build my friend! :)
thnx mayne same to u. silver and black ftw

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
should have something substantial in the next couple of weeks when the meth shows up and the 2 bar and i get em all tuned up and dynoed

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
full meth setup and 2bar map sitting in my room currently. i still need to get the zzp bov and the powerll f23 racing mounts.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I'm thinking about Turboing my 2.2 any advice, or maybe a list of everything I will need?

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still dont have a dyno unfortunately but i got new parts..

2 saab 16" wheels that will be used for drag radials..

powell motorsports f23 rotated front mount and rear spacer for wheel hop..

zzp 2 bar map sensor

devils own meth kit

and a new zzp bov.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Damn that's one clean car! How reliable do you think the setup is? I really wanna run a turbo but the car is a daily driver and I put around 25,000KM a year on it. Nice job and keep it up!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.