Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My daughter's car was an 08 Chevy Cobalt Lt with 76,000 miles on it. She hit a speed bump, got a hole in her oil pan and ran the engine out of oil. The insurance company is totalling the vehicle. However, they are saying in their valuation the vehicle did not have cruise control, content theft alarm, traction control or ABS. I have verified thru the Chevy website....(after given wrong information twice, but still insisting on further investigation) that my car had all of the above except ABS. I think it did have ABS, but don't know how to tell for sure. The vehicle is in another state four hours away and will not start.

Because I was given wrong information....but I kept asking to check further, I am still suspicious that the car DID have ABS. My husdand thinks it did, my daughter said there was an icon of a car with with a lock on it. I do know it had front disk/rear drum brakes because I have the build sheet provided by Chevy. The representative that told me all the wrong information said if it had ABS it would show on the build sheet and it does not. However, the content theft alarm, and traction control system did not show up. She inferred if it had front disk/rear drum brakes it could not have ABS.

The insurance valuation claim reads "Anti-lock Brakes (4)".....and is not checked.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 08 LT and I know I have ABS on mine. Your best bet would to call a dealer and ask for there part department. When they pop your vin in there catalog they will be able to tell you for sure if it does or doesn't. If there part department is like the one I work for then they shouldn't have a problem

·
Registered
24 Posts
The VIN doesn't designate that option. If you can get the RPO list, look for JL9 or JM4. Those both have ABS.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
The light of a car with a lock is just the vehicle anti-theft.

My 2007 LT does not have traction control or ABS.

The RPO list should be in the trunk, under the carpet (lift it up - should be near the spare).

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Or you could check under the hood to see if the ECBM is there at the bottom right of the radiator support. You can't miss it, it has a bunch of brake lines going to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.