Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$150.00

I thought it was the bushings that were making all that racket but it was the sway bar. Does this price sound normal? It says the part is "Front Sway Bar End Link" $66 and Labour it cost me $68. With HST it went up to 150

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well it is a bit high, but in Canada we pay too much anyway for everything . I did both mine for less than a $100 but I did the work myself.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
$150 is right if you had a shop do it, but I got higher performance links and did the work myself for like $30

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No, just noisy as hell. They won't fail safety for an end-link.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
My Nissan has completely rusted out end links for the past three years. No dead people yet!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
No, just noisy as hell. They won't fail safety for an end-link.
Fails in Nova Scotia. You can however remove both end links and the sway bar including bushings and fasteners and now you pass.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Fails in Nova Scotia. You can however remove both end links and the sway bar including bushings and fasteners and now you pass.
Just goes to show what a bureaucrat knows about cars. A lot more dangerous without a swaybar than with a loose one, at least it still stops the body roll.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Best part is it doesnt need to be falling apart, even the slightest play is considered a fail. Not one of the safety laws I agree with to say the least

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.