Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
maybe start your mornings at lower volumes and gradually increase it to let the sub warm up from friction LMFAO

My heart goes out to you extreme cold lovers... I don't see how you do it! Especially after thumbing through snow pics, zip-tied bumper pics, and icy road vids!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Anybody with an answer lol?
Hey man,
I also live in Canada. (BTW where in canada you live?) Find out if the stock pioneer woofer is kevlar impregnated (i highly doubt it is) because those are made real tough and can be blasted in the cold. If it is a regular paper cone or paper cone impregnated with anything other than kevlar, then do what I do with my subs, (and like said above), let your car warm up a minute or two, and put the sub at low/moderate volume and you will have no problems. Even though ppl may say it is safe to blast right away at very cold weathers, I would still run my car for 3-5 minutes. As soon as the sub gets power and a bit of heat from the car, it will warm up quick and the material will become less brittle.

That's all.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
maybe start your mornings at lower volumes and gradually increase it to let the sub warm up from friction LMFAO

My heart goes out to you extreme cold lovers... I don't see how you do it! Especially after thumbing through snow pics, zip-tied bumper pics, and icy road vids!
trust me you get used to it real quick...no choice. Ive experienced -40C while snowboarding up at Tremblant....still all good heheheh
snowboarding FTW!!!

you get used to going out 10 mins before you leave for school/work to start your car and brush the mounds of snow off :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.