Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
looks good bud! i Dig it

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

what paint did you use

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used vht black heat paint and rsut olem primer and vlaspar clear coat. it took me about 3 tries to get it right becuase some of the primer and paint didnt react well and then a high heat clear coat didnt act right together. good thing i have 2 vehicles haha

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the roof looks a little rough from the side picture, is it just a bad picture?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
looks good buddy,
what happened to your chevy emblem? lol

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Personally I like the top, not the front tho. I think the front looks tacky and rushed. Just my personal opinion tho, to each their own. Congrats on stepping out of the norm with the creativity. The paint looks like it was layered evenly. Doesnt look like it was cleared or waxed enough tho, unless youre going with a matte look.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i used a whole can of clear on the roof and waxed it pretty good. may be just the picture. they both have almost the same amount of clear and wax. but thank you for your opiinon!
i didnt see anything online like it so thats why i decided to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
the front does look like you could have done better for sure (at least you thought outside the box) overall not bad, and how does your front emblem fly off its screwed in there xP

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
dafuk

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
lol thats quite funny, at least it worked....for a while! surprised it didnt smash your window!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I agree that it looks almost flat and not glossed. Reminds me of the newer Audi's

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Front: No.

Roof: No.

Black roofs are for hipsters.

Also; more clear doesn't fix it.

It needs prepped, sanded, primered, painted, wet sanded, cleared, wet sanded...buffed..drink booze, hit it again.

It's not a quick and dirty process.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Yeah, wet sand with fine grit then clear, then finer then clear. Till it's all even and smooth. Looks good though, it's a first that I've seen. I would like to try the roof, but I don't have a sunroof and I think it would look dumb. And I'm afraid to mess up.

2005 cobalt base model coupe

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.