Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok, so i googled the cobalt SS, and found this youtube dyno vid proving the cobalt has 234 WHP!!!!!!!

YouTube - Chevy Cobalt SS baseline dyno 234HP

btw, it wouldnt imbed for me, sorry

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
79 Posts
wow wonder if this is true anybody have some evidence to back it up

tyrone13 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

yeah link is working for me

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow wonder if this is true anybody have some evidence to back it up

tyrone13 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

yeah link is working for me
One of my friends dynoed his 2.4l Cobalt SS, and came up with almost exactly the same results!!! it is very strange why GM would post their car with less Hp than it really has, i dont get it!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
234 whp from a stock 2.4? lol
yeah, i had to double check the GM dealer tag, it says 178, not 234, haha..........apparently, we all can add like 56 horsepower to our little econoboxes

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I smell BS. There's probably an error somewhere
I went with him when they dyno'd it, so i know it cant be BS. He just bought it, and same day, threw it on the dyno

·
Registered
673 Posts
There is no way a 2.4 dynoed that much. No way. I'm sorry, but it just didn't happen. Atleast not stock.

For the record my stock SS/SC dynoed 218 on a Mustang dyno. I've personally seen someone do 224 and heard stories of higher.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds like I heard a supercharger in there, not quite sure though. But that thing did whine. Plus it was a dynojet dyno. From everything I've ever read the dynojet numbers are higher than a mustang dyno. Still 234 is a very high number for a stock balt.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Sounds like I heard a supercharger in there, not quite sure though. But that thing did whine. Plus it was a dynojet dyno. From everything I've ever read the dynojet numbers are higher than a mustang dyno. Still 234 is a very high number for a stock balt.
That was an SS/SC in the video. There was a supercharger whine. Was it stock? We'll never know. We are talking about Cobaltkrazy's friend dynoing the same number.

·
Registered
575 Posts
No way a 2.4L is dynoing @ 234

·
Registered
314 Posts

heard/read the same thing...wish my balt had those ponies under the hood, lol

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, i thought i heard something different there.....

btw: thanks admin for imbedding it for me

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.