Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the fence about extending the XM Radio trial subscription and was wondering what others did and why.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
can't live without. thought about canceling as I do have days where I listen to some mp3 cds. but I get tired of playing dj. Its nice to just let it run, and terrestrial radio sucks here. Only like 2 stations I kind of like, and they're 75% blah and commercials and 25% music, maybe only 25% of that 25% I actually like....alright enough ranting. lol

but to me its $10 a month well spent.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I switch between 4 cars and mine is the only one with XM.
I think.. along those same lines....if the receiver were portable it would be an easier decision.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

can't live without. thought about canceling as I do have days where I listen to some mp3 cds. but I get tired of playing dj. Its nice to just let it run, and terrestrial radio sucks here. Only like 2 stations I kind of like, and they're 75% blah and commercials and 25% music, maybe only 25% of that 25% I actually like....alright enough ranting. lol

but to me its $10 a month well spent.
believe it or not the NY Metro area OTA radio isn't that good either. Now Boston has some good radio.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I love mine, I always tell them I'm going to cancel and they offer some great deal. Right now I'm paying $5/mo

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
^^^ Sweet price. I listened to it while they did the free week around Memorial Day, and it was ok, but not enough to make me buy it. Then again I live close enough to Memphis that there is no shortage of radio stations.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i got plenty of cds and an iTouch for a reason. havent used the xm much still got til next march for it to expire though maybe by then ill use it and change my mind...doubt it though

·
Registered
931 Posts
mine runs out in september.... i WILL be renewing it

·
Registered
353 Posts
I let my 3-month trial expire. Didn't listen to it a lot. Now that I have a better head unit with a user friendly iPod interface, the iPod can't be beat. I have the 160GB classic in my glove box and that way I can play whatever music I'm in the mood for. I have a thing with music and sometimes I just have to hear that one song or that certain artist. I've got everything on there from rap to Strauss, from Indy to rock, and from country to 80's disco!
Since about 2 weeks I've been getting calls from XM on my cell phone. Sometimes they call 4x a day! (I know it's them cause i called the number) Through some coincidence, I always miss their calls. Can't wait to get someone on the phone and tell them to leave me alone!
With that in mind, I believe that they will offer a sweet deal if you just ask; they seem desperate to get more subscribers.
Black 2010 SS/TC – Debadged | GMS1 | Hahn 3” DP and Catback | AEM intake | GM racing pedals | OZ Ultraleggera rims |DEPO 4th gen projectors w/ 6K HIDs | smoked LED tails | 20% 3M tint |Pioneer z110bt head unit, Alpine PDX-5 amp, Focal speakers all around

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3835837

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I let mine run out in november I think. I enjoyed it, like 3 stations I listened to- but not worth $120 a year for me. I have my mp3 player, so I plug it in and go. But I do miss the stations cause they always played new music and a lot of my new songs on the mp3 were from those stations. I wish we could hack the system -_- lol.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The selection didn't really impress me. The only time I liked it was for when WXDX got a bit fuzzy during hockey games depending on where I was at.

Every so often they'll do a free weekend thing.

I just cut my wires and reprovisioned them to give me an aux input. Between MP3 discs and the aux hack, I'm usually pretty well covered.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i had it free for a 1 yr- it went out like a month ago, they called like 2 days ago, and offered some KIck ASS deal, 5 months on xm for 23.00 bucks that means like 3.00 a month for something that should have been around 19.00 a month. i get the one with everything , go big or go home ya know. and def after those 5 months all u do is cancel it then they bring up some wonderful great deal. but i couldnt live with-out it in the hills of West Virginia bc there are no good stations at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.