Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was reading about bumper and bumper cover, I think bumper cover is same thing as we call bumper. The real bumper is the hevy metal that protects your car in a crash and the bumper cover is the plastic cover that goes around the heavy metal and we all call it bumper . well When I know this I think I finaly found my ss front bumper ( cover) .

we all call it bumper but the industry call it bumper covers and they are same thing .

snyone have something to add or more information about difference between bumper and bumper cover please let me know cuz Im not 100% sure if Im right.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
that's what i think, the bumper is the metal part attached to the car & the cover is what we all call 'the bumper' that's how ive always known it...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's what i think, the bumper is the metal part attached to the car & the cover is what we all call 'the bumper' that's how ive always known it...
hahahaha so I found my ss bumper hahahaha I fill so stupid now I thought bumper cover is the black ughly think that people put on their cars in front of the car to protec it from scratches , I knew it can coast 250 for this dump thing.

I will purches it and instal it as soon as posible . So happy

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the ss/na came wit hthe same bumper as the SS/SC from the factory??
I think they have small diference int the bottom of the bumper I think ss/sc bumper has an extra lip but the fitment is same for bothe ss/na bumper can fit ss/sc and ss/sc bumper can fit ss/na

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think they have small diference int the bottom of the bumper I think ss/sc bumper has an extra lip but the fitment is same for bothe ss/na bumper can fit ss/sc and ss/sc bumper can fit ss/na
The bumper for the SS/NA and SS/SC are the same. I believe the only differen is the SS/SC bumper comes with the slots to attatch the front lip already cut out for you. The SS/NA which is what I have are not cut out for you. They are marked on the back side of it, but you would have to do the work yourself. Be careful with ordering those bumpers from online stores. I did that once and when the bumper arrived it was for an LT not an SS. When I called them up to find out what happened they told me the SS bumper will not fit the LS models, but the LT will fit the SS, so I ended up sending it back to them. In most cases the picture is not what the bumper will look like when it gets to you.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bumper for the SS/NA and SS/SC are the same. I believe the only differen is the SS/SC bumper comes with the slots to attatch the front lip already cut out for you. The SS/NA which is what I have are not cut out for you. They are marked on the back side of it, but you would have to do the work yourself. Be careful with ordering those bumpers from online stores. I did that once and when the bumper arrived it was for an LT not an SS. When I called them up to find out what happened they told me the SS bumper will not fit the LS models, but the LT will fit the SS, so I ended up sending it back to them. In most cases the picture is not what the bumper will look like when it gets to you.
Thanks for the info, so how you put your ss bumper did you had to do any cuting sanding or drilling to make it fit .

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I saw the pic of the bumper I knew it was ss bumper but the fitment says its LS and LT so yeat the pics are not real as well, I think I will end up paying the deler for that bumper , very very hard to find

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks for the info, so how you put your ss bumper did you had to do any cuting sanding or drilling to make it fit .
The SS bumper lines up perfectly. You do not have to change anything or sand anything. All of the screws and clips line right up. The only thing is the LS has the LS air dam, you will not be able to use that one with the SS bumper. It is not a very hard job to do, but I recommend that you have another person there with you, it will make for a much faster job. And no the picture is not real. That is how they got me when I ordered that one bumper the first time.

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
maybe if i purches ss front bumper they will sent me the ss bumper even if the picture shows LT bumper.

What you think?
The best thing to do is see if they have one that is an SS/SC bumper. If they do it should for sure be the SS bumper.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The best thing to do is see if they have one that is an SS/SC bumper. If they do it should for sure be the SS bumper.
actualy they do have ss/sc but on the pic is LT bumper

I just check out your link I will ask for pic , Thnaks

·
Registered
547 Posts
actualy they do have ss/sc but on the pic is LT bumper

I just check out your link I will ask for pic , Thnaks
Then you should not have any problems then. There is only one bumper that came on the SS/SC model. If they send you something else, that will be crazy.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Then you should not have any problems then. There is only one bumper that came on the SS/SC model. If they send you something else, that will be crazy.
I will give shot on your ebay link, but first I will ask for actual pic of the bumper, hopefully they can show it to me

·
Registered
547 Posts
The picture is not right, but that should be it. You may want to call their customer service to be safe.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The picture is right, but that should be it. You may want to call their customer service to be safe.
no the pic shows LT bumper tha one that I curently have and its nothing like ss / sc bumper, Look at your bumper and than look at the pic . BIG diference

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.