Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Difference in fuel pumps

Tags
fuel pump
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jforce 
#1 ·
So i removed the gas tank and the lock ring holding the pump in but the part i pulled out looks nothing like anything for sale online??? Can someone please enlighten me

#2 ·
Look at the posts linked below - Calif and Mass have PZEM (partial zero emissions vehicles) everything in the tank is different Just went through this on my 2008
I would also recommend when you change the pump get the full kit and change the fuel filter too - its also mounted inside the tank and by the time the fuel pump goes you can bet the filter is pretty clogged and didn't help the old pump - think Summit has the whole deal - pump - regulator and filter as a package

#4 ·
got pump from Rock Auto Delphi DEL FE0673 got wire repair kit from Dealer 19119198 just went looking at prices things have gone up - don't see a complete kit anymore - I just kept backflushing the filter until I got clean fuel out of it - its been in the car for 3 years now no problems don't have a video but from the pictures you can see how the pump locks in hope this helps
Light Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Electrical wiring
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive exterior

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.