Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not a pic of 4th gens, but found what seems to be a good deal?
05-07 Chevy Cobalt Euro Halo LED Projector Headlights - Black by K2Motor-Free Shipping

They look like Gen 1s according to the pics, unless theres somewhere else to be looking for Projector headlights I was looking at these along with some HIDs that someone else posted somewhere in the forums.

DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast (35W or 55W): HID Kits, DEPO Lights, BMW Bumpers & Lighting - DDM Tuning
Looking at the 55W H1 5000K, I dont know too much about headlights so any information/opinions are welcome.

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not a pic of 4th gens, but found what seems to be a good deal?
05-07 Chevy Cobalt Euro Halo LED Projector Headlights - Black by K2Motor-Free Shipping

They look like Gen 1s according to the pics, unless theres somewhere else to be looking for Projector headlights I was looking at these along with some HIDs that someone else posted somewhere in the forums.

DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast (35W or 55W): HID Kits, DEPO Lights, BMW Bumpers & Lighting - DDM Tuning
Looking at the 55W H1 5000K, I dont know too much about headlights so any information/opinions are welcome.

Thanks!

185 dollars + shipping for the gen 1's? ehh not too good of a deal. I got my gen 4's shipped for 198. The hid kit looks like a good deal though!

·
Registered
92 Posts
ill put up pics of mine with 6000k but my phone doesn't pick up the blueish light

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah Ive noticed now that its not the greatest deal, still learning in regards to projector headlights. I see that all the different Gens have 2 lights so to say, is the "Projector" used for Lo and the Reflector used for Hi?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Yeah Ive noticed now that its not the greatest deal, still learning in regards to projector headlights. I see that all the different Gens have 2 lights so to say, is the "Projector" used for Lo and the Reflector used for Hi?
yes to the red part

·
Registered
73 Posts
..... did i miss somthin, whats the difference between generations? the pics were nice, but they basically all look the same, i was hoping sombody would understand what kind of tech seperates one generation from the others...... i may have accidentally skipped over that part (if anybody posted this info i missed it)

·
Registered
73 Posts
did some research, the different generations of lights, are just the reflector housing. That seems like BS, since in reality you could just make your own so they look like whatever you want, either way you have to replace all the electronics (the actual light)

seems like a scam

·
Registered
75 Posts
nice!! i so wana get projectors, and this really helped me to see what each gen is so i can pick the best set for me! thanks alot man!

gonna go with Gen3 by the way FTW!

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
So if I'm understanding this the generation is told by how the light looks, so if it looks like the picture it's that generation, no matter what company makes the headlight?

41 - 60 of 151 Posts