Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
depends on what other gauges your doing. . .if your doing more, stay all the same, dont flip flop

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I have analog guages, not all guages are digital, so if I get more they will all look kinda the same. If you wire the guages right they will dim with your dash llights.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Any light can dim, A light dimming is it just having less power getting to it...for instance a light is fully bright at 12v, take it down to 6v and it dims half way...get it?...if you wire it into your auto shifter lights it'll dim(if your auto)...or just find with wires are on the out side of the dimmer switch in the dash trim...

I wired my footwell LED's into a switch then ran through the switch into the shifter light...so i can dim the footwell led's with my speedo backlight and such, as well as turn them off...

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

oh btw for the shifter wiring

negative ( - ) is black
positive ( + ) is white
and for a switch ground to the bolt under the ebrake plastic with a loop connector.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any light can dim, A light dimming is it just having less power getting to it...for instance a light is fully bright at 12v, take it down to 6v and it dims half way...get it?...if you wire it into your auto shifter lights it'll dim(if your auto)...or just find with wires are on the out side of the dimmer switch in the dash trim...

I wired my footwell LED's into a switch then ran through the switch into the shifter light...so i can dim the footwell led's with my speedo backlight and such, as well as turn them off...

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

oh btw for the shifter wiring

negative ( - ) is black
positive ( + ) is white
and for a switch ground to the bolt under the ebrake plastic with a loop connector.
Alrights thanks for the info man. Helps a lot. I just wasn't too sure about it. I guess it'll just be to personal preference cause this is the only gauge ima put in my car. Also like to here other opinions on what type voltmeter you guys would install also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.