Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i guess im going to add the one millionth thread to this category. had the car for a little over a year... first six months great, 28-32 mpg. needed new tires so i put them on. do regular oil changes. saw gas mileage go down, last week, calculated, 16mpg! took it to the garage (where i bought) he said oil was over filled about a quart and I had 2 bad front ball bearings... I dont see how this would cut my mpg in half. worst part is its 90% highway as i work an hour away... its an 07 cobalt. fuel filter, goign to take it to advanced auto to check for codes after work tomorrow... anybody have any help tips know whats wrong... i'm spending over 100 a week in gas, killing me.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Fuel filter could be plugged causing issues, but I would check for codes first. There has to be more at issue than just a filter.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Dont change your fuel grade, we ask because you should be looking for stations that use no ethanol if you can. Depending on the last time you changed your plugs it might be a good investment either way. Check the codes first then decide if you should waste money on additives or not.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That ethanol crap is bad for Cobalts and 20% less mpg. It.s a lose-lose situation.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I notice different gas mileage with different gas stations. There are a lot of things that can cause bad gas mileage and probly more than one is the culprit. So like blackbalts said start with the free and work to the expensive.

The fuel additives... I usualy throw some in like once a month probly not necisary but thats just me.

Air filter?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.