Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 07 balt LS with a 5 Speed manual transmission. Is there a dip stick or some kinda gauge to let us know what the tranny fluid level is? All I could find was a plastic plug and a allen style bolt plug on the bell housing. Am I just not seeing the dipstick or do we not have one?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Manual trannys generally do not have a "Dip Stick". They have an inspection plug or a fluid-level-checking plug.

The Cobalt's Automatic also does NOT have a "Dip Stick" -- it has a fluid-level-checking plug as well -- should be checked by a professional, not by a novice!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Holy dog shit! If you're trying to check your manual transmission fluid...

1) Close the hood
2) Slowly back away from your car
3) Call a mechanic when it needs service

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Holy dog shit! If you're trying to check your manual transmission fluid...

1) Close the hood
2) Slowly back away from your car
3) Call a mechanic when it needs service
No need to get religious on us:laugh::laugh::laugh:!

If you don't know how to do any mechanical work always seek a professional -- then watch to learn how to do it yourself.

·
Registered
62 Posts
LOL, this was frikn FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....and no, i do NOT work on my car, i leave it to the professionals...:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
omg, ok guys im not stupid. I am a mechanic, i have a fully built s-10 with a small block pulling 12's at the 1/4 that I did myself. Im not dumb, I just didnt feel like looking for a plug that might not be there for an hour. My cavalier (5 speed) had a plug with a guage to tell if the tranny was full on it, so i didnt know if the cobalt had one too. The dealer said it did but I couldnt find it(nor was it in the manual) so I figured I would throw a post up. I would like to check it because I noticed some wet tranny oil on the top of the bell housing that the pressure valve/breather gave off from pressure and high speeds. I just wanted to know where the oil was at in case i needed to top it off.

Ps. If i just throw a 1/4 quart of fluid in the tranny wouldnt it technically just bleed out the breather untill It decided it was the proper level? Any one get what im sayin?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.