Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna be building a box for 2 10" solobarics in the near future. Im not sure which way i should have the subs facing. Should i face them toward the rear seat or face them towards the back of the car?

Car is a 2007 4 door.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Towads the back, every single person that ive talked t aboutsubs said you should never have the subs pointed directly at the listener.

im really not sure why, but if you think about it, the stock sub doesnt point towards the front in any car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Depends on what you are thinking. If you want it really loud, build a "wall" in your trunk with the subs facing the cabin. The trunk area would be sealed off completely from the cabin and it sounds decent. If you don't want to be obscenely loud and like the option of being able to take the box out if need be, then face them to the rear.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i put my subs in cobalt the 2nd day i had it and i played with the positioning all day. but its all in a matter of how you want it to sound. i found out that if you have your subs ported then it sounds better if you have them pointing towards the right side of the car, and if they're sealed then it sounds better if they pointing towards the trunk. just play with it and tweak the gain on the amp so you get a balanced sound. all that matters if it sounds good to you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The best way to do it is to point in towards the trunk i have done many system and mine current one has two 12 inch treo 500 watt rms pointed towards the trunk lid in a ported box running of a 1700 wattt amp which if you are going to do you might want to get a capicator cause mine is running down the battery. The damn things hit so hard so everything in my cobalt rattles and i have broken the dome light. lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have 2 12's in mine facing the cabin...and with the seats up it hits really good...and clean. With seats down and the subs showing...man do those things hit hard! It makes the roof flex! And I just have 12" JL Audio W1's and a Rockford 300.2 Punch amp with a Rockford .5 Farad Capacitor! It hit good with the stock unit but hit even better, harder, and cleaner with the aftermarket unit!

·
Registered
57 Posts
the best way actually is to use a ported box facing the trunk with the ports entering the cab of the car i have had a few cars set up this way and the sound hits like no other. currently working on a system for my car right now

·
Registered
66 Posts
ive got my kicker comp vr's rear facing in a ported box found if you have clothes etc. it effects the bass , but the cvr's deff. thump just wish i could get rid of the rattle i took off the child seat anchor covers and it seemed to get rid of some but between the cover, interior panels and mirror the rattle is deff anoyying but just keeo turning it up lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Facing your subs towards gives you a cleaner sound whereas facing it towards the front tends to makes more things rattle in my personal opinion i have 2 12" rockford fosgate p1 and a 25 aniversary kenwood 4 channel amp in my own custom box. i have tried pointing it in all four directions ported and not ported but in the end pointing it towards the back with no port with a good set of subs and amp works the best

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ive got 2 8's 1 10 and 2 5x7's with a 1200 watt amp and they are all facing the rear of the car sounds great to me

·
Registered
178 Posts
anything you do on the car can void the warranty in some way... if you put on an aftermarket turbo and you blow your motor then that part is voided... but if you have an aftermarket turbo on and the tail light shorts out then that isnt going to be voided... the only time something is voided is if the modified part caused or is related to the malfunctioning part... hope it helps...

·
Registered
15 Posts
what would you say the best and easiest thing to connect my remote upto is cuz i have a switch but it got old really quick it was cool when i only had my subs and rear speakers connected up to the amp but now that my front speakers are i want it to just turn on when my car turns on perferably in my trunk
thank
SI_killa

·
Registered
17 Posts
what would you say the best and easiest thing to connect my remote upto is cuz i have a switch but it got old really quick it was cool when i only had my subs and rear speakers connected up to the amp but now that my front speakers are i want it to just turn on when my car turns on perferably in my trunk
thank
SI_killa
So you have the stock HU? There is a thin brown wire by the fuse panel that will test 12 volts positive with the key. This is your 2nd accessory wire and will work great. Be sure to fuse it in case there is a short at some point in the future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Because it is just a remote turn-on I would keep it small, maybe a 5 to start. No bigger than 10.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i currently have a audio converter from wire to RCA cables a friend told me that i should check to see if the cobalts radio has em instead of using the converter they also said that i should see cuz most newer systems have a sub in the upgraded cars such as the ss and they might have a remote connections thanks for your help Vizzo

·
Registered
13 Posts
so does it really truely matter what way the subs face. cause i have 2 db 10's and they face to the back. but ive been trying to think of a way to maximize their potential.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.