Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok before you start hating and make fun of it let me assure you it actually works lol
basically i took bicycle spring assembly made brackets and bolted on.... well the first thing is that nasty rattling noise that some 2.2 cobalts have is gone for good!!! second the engine ran so smooth that i never seen anything like that before just a little bit of smooth vibration is all i could feel..........

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yeah i was going to say something about that piping, like, is that an intake? lol, i guess if it works to dampen, but how long will it last, thats the question

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your engine looks real macgiver
hahaha well if i wouldn't do that freaking hood then i wouldn't have so much bondo dust every where the whole car is covered by 2 millimeters of sanding dust and everything looks like crap i got to clean that yet but yes the intake work i drove with it only twice and i hate it cause it messes with my nitrous oxide fogger the previous cold air intake was broken by the cop who arrested me he just ripped it out as hard as he could, so as i said i will ether buy one or make one ( probably make one cause there's no point of wasting money on cold air intake if i am gonna go boosted in 3-5 weeks)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i was going to say something about that piping, like, is that an intake? lol, i guess if it works to dampen, but how long will it last, thats the question
uuum idk thats what i am trying to find out its an old legend("bicycle springs make good engine dumpers" ) that i been hearing about from honda and acura ricers and I've heard so many success stories that i just wanted to bust this myth once and for all but looks like it actually works its a >1200 lbs spring and if the spring fails then it's myth busted but if my brackets will rip apart then the myth is true (doubt my brackets will brake i weld those ******s really good and reinforced them :blink1:)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
make a vid of it, i wanna see what it looks like when you jump up the RPMs

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
make a vid of it, i wanna see what it looks like when you jump up the RPMs
ok i will but so far works fine no complications or problems detected......yet..lol

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

So does your car!
so is it good to look like macgiver or no?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
guys sorry about the video taking so long i am making sheet metal intake manifold cause hahn one is like $700 i don't want to spend that much money on badly designed manifold and i am still fixing my transmission and axles i wanted to test this "dumper" with all new parts installed

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
so is it good to look like macgiver or no?
Well, no not really, try to find some of the old shows. Macgivering is the late 1980s version of ghetto or redneck engineering, ie pieced together from anything available. May work but it will look ugly as $%#&.
Cobalts are cheap made cars anyway, putting Macgivered stuff on them only enhances that perception.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.