Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Materials:
-New Motor Mount
-Floor Jacket
-15mm socket
-18mm socket
-Ratchet (or Torque wrench with specs if you have them)
-About 30 minutes of time

***NOTE: If you have a stock air box, you will need to remove the top half of the air box and part of the hose to the throttle body. Mine was installed with an aftermarket CAI.***

Step 1: First, Support the underside of the motor with the floor jack since you are removing a main support. You can see the bottom of the block underneath the car. Very simple to spot.

Step 2: Start my removing the 15mm bolts from the stock mount that is connected to the engine. They have hex fittings inside the bolt head as well but I used the 15mm socket.

Step 3: Set the bolts off to the side and start on the base 18mm nuts that connect the mount to the car. If you have an aftermarklet or stock intake you might have to work with the intake to fit your socket in there. Luckily, mine is the AEM aftermarket so Io didn't have any trouble.

Step 4. Remove the Mount (Nasty little weak mount isn't it?)

Step 5: Insert the New mount and tighten the base 18mm nuts down then start to thread the top 3 15mm bolts into the upper part of the mount to the motor. Go ahead and tighten the bolts and nuts down to GM specifications. The specs on the upper mount are 444 in/lbs or 37 ft/lbs and the frame bolts are 888 in/lbs or 74 ft/lbs (thanks binieki for this specification)

Step 6: After the mount is on and tight, let the jack down and take her for a test drive. Ity should feel a little stiffer and you might notice a slight cabin vibration. Shifting is somewhat improved with simply this mount because the engine movement is so limited.

Step 7: Park her and re-torque the bolts/nuts to make sure everything is tight and enjoy the new feel of your beastly mount!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I'm doin a lot of minor mods to my car lately so I'm tryin to help repopulate the how-to section slowly but surely. I also did my front trans mount I'll get that on here maybe next week after I do the back one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
hey where did you get that mount?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
750 Posts
I looked up the torque specs and the 2 bolts that go into the frame should be torqued to 74 ft. lbs. and the 3 smaller ones on the top should be torqued to 37 ft. lbs.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I looked up the torque specs and the 2 bolts that go into the frame should be torqued to 74 ft. lbs. and the 3 smaller ones on the top should be torqued to 37 ft. lbs.
This is (12 x 37) = 444 in/lbs for the top bolts and 888 in/lbs for the frame bolts. I'll add this to the write up thanks for the tq specs!

·
Registered
254 Posts
is their only one motor mount to replace? also on the turbotech raceing how do the brushings look? like if I got it brushed ontop of the powdercoat dose that cover it and what is it? anyone DIY on transmission mounts replaceing?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
wow that looks sharp. Nice write up man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.