Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
just thought I'd bump+necro this thread, I'm installing my header tomorrow and I found this thread to be absoulutly just amazing!!

oh and header actually depending on the header you will actually see gains^^^^ a long tube does an N/A car next to nothing, the shorty headers are quite benneficial for an n/a car though

·
Registered
117 Posts
i don't think there is a combo for those... could be wrong. but the best set up IMO is getting bad-mab header and the zzp downpipe.
Ok, I see. That's one fine looking header!

Does it get the EGR tube that goes from the far side of the mount to the nearest exhaust tube? It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed a zzp header + down pipe and Tsudo cat back a few weeks ago. Automatic 2.2L with SAI. It took me about 6 hours taking my time and including some nice breaks for lunch and a beer.

1) All heat shield and exhaust manifold nuts/bolts can be reached from the top. Drivers side manifold nuts are a pita to get to if you have large hands.
2) Disconnect the down pipe from the cat back exhaust and you can remove the down pipe and exhaust manifold as one piece through the top/hood. Remember to disconnect the O2 sensors first!
3) Tsudo exhaust uses stock hangers except for the two that attach to the muffler. I used: 3A Racing/Chrysler exhaust insulator (62-00905) | Exhaust Hanger | AutoZone.com
4) I cut off the stock tip and used a resonator style tip that flowed better than the one that came with the exhaust.
5) Since I have SAI I had to make a flange and weld it onto the zzp header and attach it to keep SAI functional. That took some time.

If you do not have SAI then replacing your manifold with a header, down pipe, and a cat back is very easy even for a beginner. Just make sure you use jack stands and do things safely. I had 4 under my car(each wheel) plus the jack for extra safety.

·
Registered
1 Posts
header+dp

Ok, I see. That's one fine looking header!

Does it get the EGR tube that goes from the far side of the mount to the nearest exhaust tube? It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
Thanks! I'm glad it helped ya out!
so i have been looking at geting a header and dp but i am confused on if i get a shoty header what kind of dp can i get? i really want to get the shorty dp from bad-mab.com but i dont know of a good dp that would be compatible with my car (07 cobalt ls 2.2L) do you have any suggestions??? i have been at this for weeks! thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

i ment the shorty header from bad-mab.com

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.