I installed a zzp header + down pipe and Tsudo cat back a few weeks ago. Automatic 2.2L with SAI. It took me about 6 hours taking my time and including some nice breaks for lunch and a beer.
1) All heat shield and exhaust manifold nuts/bolts can be reached from the top. Drivers side manifold nuts are a pita to get to if you have large hands.
2) Disconnect the down pipe from the cat back exhaust and you can remove the down pipe and exhaust manifold as one piece through the top/hood. Remember to disconnect the O2 sensors first!
3) Tsudo exhaust uses stock hangers except for the two that attach to the muffler. I used: 3A Racing/Chrysler exhaust insulator (62-00905) | Exhaust Hanger | AutoZone.com
4) I cut off the stock tip and used a resonator style tip that flowed better than the one that came with the exhaust.
5) Since I have SAI I had to make a flange and weld it onto the zzp header and attach it to keep SAI functional. That took some time.
If you do not have SAI then replacing your manifold with a header, down pipe, and a cat back is very easy even for a beginner. Just make sure you use jack stands and do things safely. I had 4 under my car(each wheel) plus the jack for extra safety.
so i have been looking at geting a header and dp but i am confused on if i get a shoty header what kind of dp can i get? i really want to get the shorty dp from bad-mab.com but i dont know of a good dp that would be compatible with my car (07 cobalt ls 2.2L) do you have any suggestions??? i have been at this for weeks! thanks for the help
---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------
How to remove inlet duct on a N/A 2.2l
First up: Remove the wheel. I'm not going over that. :cheesy:
Second: Remove these bolts and body clips.
There are 3 on the rear of the wheel well. 2 body clips and one phillips screw on the bottom.
Then on the front there are 3 bolts (7mm) on the...
How to replace your stock lower control arms with either stock replacement or FE5 Lower control arms. Mine just got the Powell Spherical bushings and poly connector bushings put in.
Step 1: Jack the vehicle up (making sure ebrake is on) and support with jackstands. I use the support beam...
The airbox mod how-to on here is lacking pictures. I have a bunch of pics of the process here:Airbox Mod Photos by jmesl8er | Photobucket, if somebody wants to make a new how-to or edit the old one with my pics.