Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so I'm DJ from North Haven, CT. I got a 09 cobalt i named Camryn and since i work a low level job at best buy, i dont have much money for mods. So you'll probably notice that most of my mods are cheap but I'm trying to do as much as I can, so there will be good mods at some point.
First off, here's a pic of my car:

Then, I changed the pedals to make them look better:

Next, I got a radar detector and hard wired it into the fuse box:

And today, I got rid of those damned GM tags on the side:

And a few days ago, i ordered green LED's for my driver and passenger floorwells, so once they come in (2-3 weeks), I'll install them and post pics.
Like I said, cheap and simple, but its making my car different than all the other black 09 cobalts out there, and thats what its all about

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i just hope that sooner or later i'll get enough money to make my car look bad ass like urs

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Thanks, i just hope that sooner or later i'll get enough money to make my car look bad ass like urs
lol... well thanks :)
Yeah, it took me a while, just keep at it, it'll happen... i've been modding cars like this for years... and I'm just now gettin to this point, lol...but hey, ur already off to a good start, sexy cobalt coupe & ur part of the best cobalt forum ever!!! LOL

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol... well thanks :)
Yeah, it took me a while, just keep at it, it'll happen... i've been modding cars like this for years... and I'm just now gettin to this point, lol...but hey, ur already off to a good start, sexy cobalt coupe & ur part of the best cobalt forum ever!!! LOL
Yeah, I love the coupe and i do all i can to make sure she stays clean and do my best to keep her as sexy as possible and this forum is bad ass or i wouldnt know how to do any of this

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! are those ss/sport wheels?
Performance apperance package put them there, so they very well may be. I'm thinking of switching them out to black ones because one got scratched kinda bad but i haven't found some i like.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I decided today I'm guna paint the front bow tie so I'm at home depot now getting the stuff then I'll go home do it and post pics hopefully 2nite

·
Registered
142 Posts
just finished mine its retarded easy

just have patience and do it right mine has so many coats of clear it looks wet lol

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
alright, so im done i kinda like how the front bowtie looks, heres all my pics
Materials:

Before:

Bowtie removed:

removed bowtie:

Taped up bowtie:

Primed bowtie:

1 layer paint:

Fav pic, like the black on chrome:

on the car:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I think it would look odd wiht the all black on black so i figured it was worth the time and effort to save my chrome

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so i just got some time today to do the rear bowtie also, which i didnt want to do while it was still on but i didnt want to take it off so i went for it...
here's the bowtie after primer:

and here it is done:

so pretty much what saved my hide was my wax. wax covered up all the imperfections spraypaint caused and it looks pretty good. i dont recommend doing it while its on the car, but it did work

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
ok so i just got some time today to do the rear bowtie also, which i didnt want to do while it was still on but i didnt want to take it off so i went for it...
here's the bowtie after primer:

and here it is done:

so pretty much what saved my hide was my wax. wax covered up all the imperfections spraypaint caused and it looks pretty good. i dont recommend doing it while its on the car, but it did work
well, it does look good... glad the wax saved it... :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, it does look good... glad the wax saved it... :)
yeah i was legitimately freaking out and then i put on the wax and relaxed a bit. lol

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no i had a bit more on there and the overspray was what i was able to get rid of with the wax and like 20 mins of scrubbing

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.