Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, so I'm DJ from North Haven, CT. I got a 09 cobalt i named Camryn and since i work a low level job at best buy, i dont have much money for mods. So you'll probably notice that most of my mods are cheap but I'm trying to do as much as I can, so there will be good mods at some point.
First off, here's a pic of my car:

Then, I changed the pedals to make them look better:

Next, I got a radar detector and hard wired it into the fuse box:

And today, I got rid of those damned GM tags on the side:

And a few days ago, i ordered green LED's for my driver and passenger floorwells, so once they come in (2-3 weeks), I'll install them and post pics.
Like I said, cheap and simple, but its making my car different than all the other black 09 cobalts out there, and thats what its all about

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yay for green LEDs! hahaha
Car looks good even w/o alot of mods ;)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i just hope that sooner or later i'll get enough money to make my car look bad ass like urs

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Thanks, i just hope that sooner or later i'll get enough money to make my car look bad ass like urs
lol... well thanks :)
Yeah, it took me a while, just keep at it, it'll happen... i've been modding cars like this for years... and I'm just now gettin to this point, lol...but hey, ur already off to a good start, sexy cobalt coupe & ur part of the best cobalt forum ever!!! LOL

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol... well thanks :)
Yeah, it took me a while, just keep at it, it'll happen... i've been modding cars like this for years... and I'm just now gettin to this point, lol...but hey, ur already off to a good start, sexy cobalt coupe & ur part of the best cobalt forum ever!!! LOL
Yeah, I love the coupe and i do all i can to make sure she stays clean and do my best to keep her as sexy as possible and this forum is bad ass or i wouldnt know how to do any of this

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! are those ss/sport wheels?
Performance apperance package put them there, so they very well may be. I'm thinking of switching them out to black ones because one got scratched kinda bad but i haven't found some i like.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I decided today I'm guna paint the front bow tie so I'm at home depot now getting the stuff then I'll go home do it and post pics hopefully 2nite

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
So I decided today I'm guna paint the front bow tie so I'm at home depot now getting the stuff then I'll go home do it and post pics hopefully 2nite
yay! i'm excited to see this!

·
Registered
142 Posts
just finished mine its retarded easy

just have patience and do it right mine has so many coats of clear it looks wet lol

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
alright, so im done i kinda like how the front bowtie looks, heres all my pics
Materials:

Before:

Bowtie removed:

removed bowtie:

Taped up bowtie:

Primed bowtie:

1 layer paint:

Fav pic, like the black on chrome:

on the car:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
looks great. i like how you kept the chrome

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I think it would look odd wiht the all black on black so i figured it was worth the time and effort to save my chrome

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so i just got some time today to do the rear bowtie also, which i didnt want to do while it was still on but i didnt want to take it off so i went for it...
here's the bowtie after primer:

and here it is done:

so pretty much what saved my hide was my wax. wax covered up all the imperfections spraypaint caused and it looks pretty good. i dont recommend doing it while its on the car, but it did work

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
ok so i just got some time today to do the rear bowtie also, which i didnt want to do while it was still on but i didnt want to take it off so i went for it...
here's the bowtie after primer:

and here it is done:

so pretty much what saved my hide was my wax. wax covered up all the imperfections spraypaint caused and it looks pretty good. i dont recommend doing it while its on the car, but it did work
well, it does look good... glad the wax saved it... :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, it does look good... glad the wax saved it... :)
yeah i was legitimately freaking out and then i put on the wax and relaxed a bit. lol

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Dude is that all u covered when u did the back bowtie!!?? U better check ur car to see if you have any over spray

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no i had a bit more on there and the overspray was what i was able to get rid of with the wax and like 20 mins of scrubbing

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.