Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just got a 2007 Cobalt SS a couple months ago and have noticed that when i go over bumps and potholes the car really doesnt have that great of suspension. It doesnt bother me much but i was just wondering if all the cobalts were like this or if there is something wrong with mine? And how can i fix this??

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
You own a Cobalt SS with the Sport suspension. It happens. The shocks, struts, and springs are all stiff.

It's a cobalt

EDIT: The only way to "fix" it is if you would upgrade your shocks to Konis...or to T/C shocks....but you gonna get the same type of ride

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Yeah the ride is going to be a little rougher because of the suspension in the ss cobalts the springs are stiffer for better handling. If you would upgrade to coilovers it would be a little better, but for the added benefits of handling, the ride is worth it. I have a talon and Megan racing shocks and struts, lowered, yeah ride is a lot worse then the cobalt.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha thanks guys... yeah my car i had before this was a 07 Charger, but it was no hemi. Couldnt afford a hemi and i was sick of the slow v-6 so i got a S/C Cobalt. And dont get me wrong... i love this car and i am gonna spend a lot of time modding it, but that charger rode soooooo smoooooothh!!!!! haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.