Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so in my 2007LT I was looking in the fusebox and found that it has a fuse installed listed as AMP. Now I dont have a sub. I have the MP3 stereo though. Also if I do have a AMP where is it located?

·
Registered
51 Posts
hmm thats weird. i think that you would definitly know where it is. i need to go check mine now and see if i have the same! haha

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Is there a fuse in it? All fuse boxes are made the same regardless of what options you have.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so according to my manual its for a amplifier and I looked for my bill of sale premium sound system. Where is my amp hiding?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Amp for the premium systems should be under the center console under the radio. But if you do not have the sub, the dealer took out the sub, there is no way to have the premium system without the sub or vice versa. I asked several dealers about that as I just wanted the sub when I bought mine.

·
Registered
416 Posts
So the dealer took out the sub, yet sold him a "premium stereo package"? :amazed: I would be PISSED if that was me!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if I check my console and the amp is actually there (fuse is there) i can probably just plug a sub in?

·
Registered
455 Posts
my 08 is the same way. the fuse is there for the "amp" but i dont have an amp. i think its just something they pop in there for all cobalts so if you get the premium sound system its there. idk though your guess is as good as mine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
all model cobalts do come with a stock amp, but its nothing good, it cant power anything aftermarket. And as far as i know, the amp is somewhere under the dash/radio area.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
OK!

For those who are wondering why there is a fuse in the fuse box for an AMP, yet they dont have the premium sound system, here's why:

the Cobalt comes factory with a base sound system including four(4) amplified satellite speakers. The Premium sound package includes four(4) amplified Pioneer satellite speakers, two(2) high range Pioneer tweeters, and one(1) amplified low range Pioneer Sub woofer

the Sub's amplifier would be located with the XM satellite receiver(if equipped) under the rear dash panel, the amplifier for the satellite speakers are located underneath the stereo in the center console

For anyone who has tried to re-wire for an aftermarket deck will have noticed an amp wire coming from the stereo that they will need to reconfigure.

Hope that solves any confusion :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So do the wires in my cobalt run right from the head unit to the speakers? I have a MP3 deck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.