Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just purchasing the new Yokohama Avid Ascend (aka the orange tire). With taxes im paying $740. I just asked for the best tires and that is what the guy said he had which was the best for my size :)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
What were you buying them for? Best tires for summer, winter, all season, drag, drift, auto X. All of these factors lead into what the best tire for you is. You probably just paid for the most expensive tire is all. I paid roughly $110 a tire and they are mean as hell for auto X.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What were you buying them for? Best tires for summer, winter, all season, drag, drift, auto X. All of these factors lead into what the best tire for you is. You probably just paid for the most expensive tire is all. I paid roughly $110 a tire and they are mean as hell for auto X.
for summer. they're a touring tire. I got hankook ice pikes studded for winter

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You should be all set for five or six summers now. Your right that is a good summer tire, what is the threadwear number? I opted for the Michelin Defender with an 830 threadwear number. My winter tires are also hankook i pikes.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I have sunny winter tires on the Mitsubishi, not very good, they are really not wearing well and didn't stay round, I will go to ipikes next.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I'm gonna need to purchase some new tires this winter in a 225/40/18. Seems like the choices for a good quality tire are sort of limited in that size. I don't want to spend huge money but I also want a tire with a good tread wear number, and I also don't want directionals this time.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I loved the Falken Ziex's I had on my old gold LT.

I currently have the factory Pirelli P6 AS's...they are a pretty loud tire and squeal quite a bit.

Not really impressed.

Gonna be changing them probably after winter.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I loved the Falken Ziex's I had on my old gold LT.

I currently have the factory Pirelli P6 AS's...they are a pretty loud tire and squeal quite a bit.

Not really impressed.

Gonna be changing them probably after winter.
I've got the ziex 502's in mine right now and they Haven't dissapointed me yet, my next set is gonna be the 512's

·
Registered
73 Posts
ive been running pirellis (i think thats how its spelt) they handle great and if rotated you can get rather good mileage. i wanna say i i paid 115 a tire and that was mounted

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
You should be all set for five or six summers now. Your right that is a good summer tire, what is the threadwear number? I opted for the Michelin Defender with an 830 threadwear number. My winter tires are also hankook i pikes.
where do i find the tread wear number? I just have to wait till my bro gets back with my car downtown lol.

i just have to get my bushings/endlinks fixed and my front windshield fixed and im all good again. I have to get my scratches fixed soon too. Getting my car all back in order :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The treadwear number is on the sidewall and will say just that "TREADWEAR 760" for example.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nope. I think I'm due soon, but can't afford any yet. Just finally got back to work after a long lay off, so need to get caught up on other things. Plus I'd hate to put anything good on there. I work construction and probably just be bound to catch holes. Caught a screw at a job the other day.
Thankfully made the 90 minute ride home and I always check the pressure with the monitoring system and noticed one was way off. So had to go see my father to plug it, cause of course I got back to my city after all the tire places closed. But I don't think I wanted to pay someone to plug it when I could get it done free lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Aren't dads great.

·
Registered
978 Posts
getting new tires in the spring thanks guys i know what to get now,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I fully recommend the Yokohama Avid Ascend tires. I've just drove them for 50 km but I love the feel of them and its smooth as ice cream :). Love these tires man. These tires may have cleaned out my pocket book but in the end they are the shoes that keep me on the road.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
So did you find the treadwear number? I'm interrested because those are the tires I would like to get if they compare to anything close to the Michelin Defender.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
So did you find the treadwear number? I'm interrested because those are the tires I would like to get if they compare to anything close to the Michelin Defender which has a treadwear of 820. The higher the better.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.